F22b1 And The H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DetroitTraitor

I am buliding up an F22B1 for high HP and will one day boost it. It's going to go in my 96 Civic. My question is, what parts will work on the F from an H22? Valve springs, Valves, Connecting Rods, etc. And no, I don't have the cash to just drop on an H22. I have the F in my workshop now and am ready to begin the build. So any tips or info that you all could share would be greatly appreciated!

I don't think all the valvetrain parts will work. MAYBE the springs and retainers, but I don't think the valves will. Clutch and flywheel are interchangeable. Not sure about pistons and rods. Check the bore on the two engines for piston compatibility.

THe pistons will not, the F-series is 86mm and the h-series is 87.5 with out boring it and I think that would require a sleeve job, but not sure, and you could use the rods, however they are different lenghts so you would have to get custom pistons but the H23 rods and the F22 rods are the same, you can buy Probe Ultralite rods for the F22 for about $300. I got these rods after talking to importbuilders for the build up of my F23a1, the H22 rods though are longer and can help you get a better Rod/stroke ratio to help if you plan to rev it high. Crower and many other people sell rods for the F22 but they are exspensive. I have no idea about the head but I assume dohcvtec_accord is right that some parts may be interchangable but I would assume the valves are different, I know even the F23a1, a4, and a5 all use different valve configuration and sizes. Call flatlander racing if you need help, they helped me with getting the custom pistons and matching them to the rods. Hope this helped some what.

thats acctually very helpful! Thanks! I'm going to give flatlander racing a call.

hehe, Hey chris, nice to see you made it to this site..

FYI, he's got the F22 that came out of my 95 Accord. :)

I found that Raceeng.com has 11:1 pistons for the F22b1 for a good price. I can find most everything there for the build. But I do plan on making this a SOHC firebreathing monster N/A and I plan on as high revs as I can go by building the motor bullet-proof. So the idea of using rods out of the H23, can somebody out there shed some light on that?

Back