Falken Azenis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preluderjs

I'm looking into getting some new wheels and tires and I found a bundle for less than 900 shipped. Black mesh w/ a polished lip, sized 17 w/ 225/45R17 tires. I'm looking at the azenis st115 which is more a street tire than the popular azenis. They're cheaper and I wont die this upcoming fall and winter in the rain (even though live in San Diego) and I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on these. How do the kuhmo supra 712's and the toyo proxes Fz4 compare? Should I just stop being lazy and work longer and harder to get the popular azenis? :huh: I'm not going to be doing any auto-x, just really aggressive (but safe) driving on the street. thanx.

yokohama es100's. B) superior wet weather traction. doesnt slip under heated pavement conditions.

fz4's fucking blow. worst than kumhoes... and we all know how i feel about kuhoes.

the st's aren't bad. id go for those or the avs's if i was in yoru position

What about the Kumho Ecsta MX?
I'm thinking about these for Lime Rock.

Just so this isn't considered a threadjack, to answer the original question regarding Azenis for the street - I think they worked fine, but my primary usage, when I had them, was for autocross. I don't think I would have bought them for the street - I probably would have gotten something more all-weather, or at least better in the wet.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Jun 2 2004, 03:34 PM
Should I just stop being lazy and work longer and harder to get the popular azenis?

azenis aren't that expensive, I get them for $70 each.

$115 shipped

I have a set of Azenis I use for auto-x. The price above is for 225/45/17 incl shipping.

I was impressed with their dry characteristics. After auto-x in the rain last month I was blown away at how well they did in the wet. Other folks were taking off their Hoosier slicks for Falkens due to the wet conditions.

you should be able to use any 17" rim with 225/45/17.

Back