falling on its face

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
my 89 dx just converted to mpfi and finished it up today. i bought a "converted" harness off ebay i say converted cause it was like a 1/3 done. i know you have switch the tps i dint know if the jackass who sold me the harness already swapped the wires. if your cruising at like 1500 2000 rpm and downshift and mash on it it falls on its face stalls out and wont run until you let off . if you roll into the throttle its fine though. i know i can just switch em around and see if its better but its about bed time and figured i would ask. btw no vaccum leaks.

Last edited:
i swapped the TPS wires and now its just the opposite runs good as hell at half to WOT. but you have to be either constantly accelerateing or off the throttle. no constant speed. also my dad told me that the o2 sensor is from his grand national. so i would imagine that could be part off the problem. and another question will the first gen zc pistons work with the head off a 96 ex. 1.6 v-tec. i know they work with the block and stock head but was just wondering if there would be enough valve clearance.

it should be hard if you the manual book and if wiring isn't your thing go with rywire.com GOOD LUCk!;)

i already did the conversion it sounded hard at first but got it after i started. read it again it just runs 2 ways that both suck. if i switch the tps sensor wires one way it runs wide open only and wont run a constent speed. if i switch them back the other way it runs good at cruise, but if you drop a gear and mash it it runs like hell and breaks up until you let off. im not car retarded like some of the people on here but i cant figure this one out.

The TPS itself may be bad. But, I drove an Accord wioth a bad MAP sensor that does the same thing your did at first. check your codes...what is coming up?

I also doubt its your O2.

code 14 i think. cant remember what that is evap something i think.

Back