Favorite Beer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Which Nik did you have? Cool? Gold?

I used to have a case of Niksicko Pivo. We call that stuff "Slobodan". Its a very interesting Euro lager - I still want to try the Tamno (dark lager).

Nik Gold baby!!! Lol I'm surprised anyone heard of it.

Come to think of it Snake Dog IPA has a quote from Hunter S Thompson on the bottle.

Last edited:
Ok here are some categories:
1 Favorite IPA:
2 Favorite Ale:
3 Favorite Lager:
4 Favorite Foreign:
5 Favorite Swill:
6 Favorite I'm wakin up where I fall, I hope...

1. Shipwreck Imperial IPA (8.2% alcohol) brewed right here in Albany Oregon!!!!
2. See above, anybody who knows beer (those who live east of France or west of Idaho) understands that IPA is to Ale what Malibu is to Chevy
3. Henry's Private Reserve
4. Pacifico Cervesa (fuck corona)
5. Miller Chill/ Miller light/ Budweiser Select
6. Glenviddich 15yr single malted scotch, no ice, no water

Corona...

Maybe an MGD...

Liquor after that...

2. See above, anybody who knows beer (those who live east of France or west of Idaho) understands that IPA is to Ale what Malibu is to Chevy

Glenfidich Glenlevit, any glen will do...

You are missing out on Boulder Colorado. Boulder Beer Co. and Snake Dog beer co definately know what Hops are.

Hazed and Infused/Snake Dog IPA, both from Boulder. I despise Coors equally, but these beers are outstanding. I've drank beer on three continents I would not lead you astray...

The Northwest is the Mecca of Hops, at least for the US, so it might follow that enthusiasts have sprung up and since then the breweries have followed. But the Colorado companies do make a fine brew.

About Nik - my old roomates' uncle is from the area (Serbia I believe) and imports Nik and Slivovitz (plum brandy - I hope you had some of this, its the "national" drink). Jealous?
Nik.JPG

And Flying Dog is "inspired" by Thompson I guess. All of the labels have Ralph Steadman drawings on them - who illustrated Thompsons' articles/books.

Maybe we need to talk in the markrtplace...

Montenegro was with Serbia during the war. They split off in 06(07?). That is basically why we were over there. I met the admiral of the navy, the montenegran president and several other officers. I was the ceremonial bell ringer. We had a hell of a party on deck, even more so after the officials left. We had to of course "count" the beers/wine after. Yeah. We partied so hard an officer got relieved by morning. Course it wasn't our fault, he got caught bangin the boatswain mate...

We tied up in Tivat's harbor which was nice. Kotor was absolutely beautiful. Never got to Buhdva though. I was able to get by on English and Italian. I would suggest a regional flight from Italy into Tivat to get there. Hard to believe such a beautiful place saw so many horrors...

Oh and the chicks are way hot. I was married so I could only look. You have to go get one for me...

Last edited:
1 Favorite IPA: Smuttynose
2 Favorite Ale: BJ's Jeremiah Red
3 Favorite Lager: Stella Artois
4 Favorite Foreign: Paulaner Hefeweizen
5 Favorite Swill: Bud Light I suppose
6 Favorite I'm wakin up where I fall, I hope... That would probably be the Ive had too many Paulner Hefeweizen's... they are so heavy, i suppose it's the wheat but sure is yummy.
7 Favorite to end the night: Ace Perry Cider (great when you need to drive home gets the beer taste/smell off your breath and is quite delicious)

Back