Favorite Comedian Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stephen Lynch and Eddie Izzard are my favs. dunno why, but of the comedians i've watched they're the only two that can reliably get laughs out of me.

I first saw Eddie Izzard on the Showtime series The Riches... So it's weird to see him as a cross-dressing comedian and not a slick-talking con artist. :ph34r:

Dave Chappelle had a standup routine about 5 or 6 years ago where he compared the character in sesame street to real life situations.

Oscar the Grouch was a homeless wino and The Count was a pimp.

Not sure I've ever laughed so hard.

Katt Williams is also funny as hell.

Dane Cook is not funny at all imo.

Dane Cook is not funny at all imo.

Dane Cook is a gimmick that ran it's course. He's nowhere near as popular as he used to be. I think he realized it too, because the last special he did on Comedy Central was actually very toned down compared to his typical overly dramaticized antics...

Dave Chappelle had a standup routine about 5 or 6 years ago where he compared the character in sesame street to real life situations.

Oscar the Grouch was a homeless wino and The Count was a pimp.

Was that the one with the dancing venereal diseases?

i can't think of any that are GREAT...

kathy griffin is ok, rosie o'donnell was funny is 1996. i remember a skit she did on the oj trial that was pretty funny.

Sarah Silverman? Lisa Lampinelli?

Sarah Silverman is funny. She definitely pushes the envelope.

Lampinelli I just find repulsive.

If you wanna go waaay back you could say Gilda Radner.

silverman is ok, but just like "n" jokes get old, jew jokes get old.

and lampinelli is just vulgar. it might have been funny when i was 18.

I do kinda enjoy silverman. I've chuckled before, but no 'i cant breathe' moments.

Stephen Lynch and Eddie Izzard are my favs. dunno why, but of the comedians i've watched they're the only two that can reliably get laughs out of me.
I've seen Stephen Lynch live. 500x better than on TV. Guy is a nut. Like seriously, there has to be something wrong with him. But it's hilarious.

Sarah Silverman sucks. She sucks Jimmy Kimmel's dick. If she didn't, she would still just be opening for someone more talented. I can't believe she got her own show. Saying dumb shit doesn't automatically make you funny.

Last edited:
I have seen every comedian old and new and have never laughed as hard as I do consistently while watching Katt Williams.

Sometimes he is so funny...other times I want to punch him in his fat gunt.

Back