feeler: aluminum shifter bushings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tastyratz

MODS: if theres a problem with this thread please let me know. This is not a for sale thread, I have no product yet and I am not selling anything. I simply want to know if Its worth me starting up a run of these.

So I am considering producing aluminum shifter bushings. These would be replacing the worn sissy rubber bushings under the car that crap out, and are more rifle crazy than energy suspension bushings part #[FONT=Helvetica,Arial,Geneva]16.1102[/FONT]. I would model them after the stockers and probabbly run some sort of a group buy. They would be made crazy tight tolerance snug fit to eliminate slop. You might have to file things smooth or bend any bent parts straight.to make them true. Aluminum bushings on anything are not for the weak of heart. They tend to transmit vibrations and sounds. That means you will probabbly hear your tranny in the cabin. I would prototype these prior to sale on my own 88 crx hf. If all works well and is acceptable, I will consider making a batch.

If I were to consider producing such a product. Would you commit to buy in some sort of a group buy initially (If I ran one I would sponsor something officially) And how much would you be willing to pay for such a thing? Dont just say 5$ because you wanna be a cheap crap and get things for nothing, Post what you honest and true think is the maximum you may be willing to pay for such a thing. I will try to price fairly but if nobody is willing to pay more than my costs its obviously not going to happen

Last edited:
Back