fiberglass front end

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

hey guys whats everyone think of fiberglass fronts? a friend of mine hase one, unpainted never used with the bracket/hinge that bolts it to the car, my questions are. what kind of latch would i need to keep it closed, is it ok to use for a dd, and im told i just cut holes in it for the headlights they stay mounted to the core support.. is this true?? trying to decide if i want it hes selling cheap like 300..

Its for drag cars. It would look silly on a DD.

Latching is pretty much hood pins up top and custom brackets / attatchments along the sides of the fenders to keep them from flapping around. But again, its going to look silly on a car driving down the road.

when on his crx he bolted it up just to see what it looked like, it looked like a stock set up except for the bumper was a little diffrent shaped... the reason im asking is i think he would trade me my z3 fenders and si seats for the front end, witch is a good deal i believe

I like fiberglass hood and fenders (painted)

The front clip does look a little weird (at least the ones I've seen) Its race app only IMO

That doesn't look too bad... keep in mind that a "fender bender" becomes a minor disaster though :S
You should find out how much difference it makes in weight...

Keep in mind this makes changing your oil, or checking any of your fluid levels for that matter, a pain in the ass.

IMO, useless for street car. Drag cars are fine with it because the cars that use those also have a full cage that extends to the front of the car.

As far as weight goes, you can get it pretty light if you switch to a 88-89 HF bumper support and get a "real" CF hood or FRP hood. You also have to consider quality...there are many aftermarket bumpers that weigh more than the stock plastic pieces.

alright thanks for the input guys, i think im going to get it i talked to him and he wants my z3 fenders and stock hood in trade, so i figure im getting the better of the deal, so if i dont like it i can make a few bucks...ill post pics of it tomorrow evening he has all the hinges/brackets and pins needed to put it on... im still wondring if i can leave the stock bumper on my car for a little safety.. oh btw he said the whole set up wieghs around 8-10 lbs, and the fiberglass is around 5lbs by itself... im also getting it for the "coolness" factor..lol

Back