Figured Out H22accord Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mech

Banned
This is mostly for dohcvtecaccord. The swap in my friends accord was not stock at all and only ran a 151 at best. We had no Idea at all what the fuck the problem was. He had a lightweight fly, stg.2 clutch, stg2 Cams, fuel rail, fuel reg., cai, cat-back, and I think that's it. Well anyway the other day he went up to his exhaust for no apparent reason and there almost no exhaust flow! his cat was completly clogged! he had mad back pressure. Now it flies! at first he had it dynoed at 150hp, and 121, torque. Pretty weak for all those bolt-ons. In fact weaker then stock! Well anyway, just wanted to let yall know.

I beleive he's going to get it tuned somtime next month. He makes loads of money and is a cheap bastard. Made me pay a 1.20 for a gumball. Hey, I was hungry!

if it was blocked that bad I bet he has some serious carbon buildup problems

glad to hear that you got everything figured out!

i know i don;t have a problem with backpressure, as i have a big ass carbon "stain" on my bumper from carbon ;)

Originally posted by Mech@Apr 29 2003, 05:09 PM
What's that and where can I get it?

NAPA and Advance Auto Parts sell it, Autozone doesn't, not sure about Checker. It's a fuel system cleaner. Expensive ($18-$20), but well worth it.

Back