Filling a YS1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

offroader

I'm attempting to fill my 93 YS1 manual transmission. I was reading an online article that shows the fill plug as being a small plug on the very end of the transmission which requires an alan key to remove.

I tried and tried but the fluid keep pouring out....Rrrrrr it was frustrating. Then right next to the tanny mount I noticed a small hole with a rubber stopper on it. I removed the stopper and tried pouring the MTF in there...it would not take...until I removed the plug from the end of the transmission. THis seemed to allow air out, and it took 4 quarts.

It runs ok...so far. Can anybody tell me if I pout the MTF in the right spot? It has not spilled out frm anywhere...is that possibly actually some sort of vent....but would work for a fill hole?

Please let me know ASAP if you know the answer...as I'm nervous I did the wrong thing?

Mark

I believe mine was plugged with a 15mm bolt...you have to pump the fluid in there.. you can't just pour it in..

there is a 17mm bolt on the back of the trany you sould fill it till it is runing out and plug it again. you have to much oil in there pull the fill plug and let it drain some off. you trans olly holds 2.1qts

Back