Finally...my Car Is Alive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
since nov of 02 i've been doing my swap and finally it's running drivable...only problems i have now is that my vtec isn't working cuz my harness plug for it is broken...easy fix...i need my e-brake cables cuz i swapped for disc in the rear but i didn't buy the cables...easy fix...need to find a shift boot cuz i did the auto-manual and now there's a big ass hole...easy fix...need to get my exaust welded on cuz the down pipe from the header is too long...easy fix...and last but not least, i need a better master cylinder cuz of the rear disc...easy fix...a lot of fixes but all can be accomplished in a few days...just takes another pay check lol...yeah it's a lot of fixes but it's coo...wish me luck ya'll

lotsa fixes :D you can scratch off the master cylinder, i didn't change mine when i did my rear disc upgrade, you dont need it.

you dont need a new master cyl ... you do need a 4040 proportional valve though (you have a 3030 right now)

well my brakes suck rigt now unless i get another master or prop valve...first...i don't know how to change the prop valve let alone know what it looks like lol...so a new master was my choice...what prop valve should i get then since my car stops like crap?? thanks...oh yeah...how do you change it lol

you have a 3030 proportional valve
you need a 4040 proportional valve

you can get it from honda for pretty any civic/integra with 4 disks (possibly even other models)
you could probly get one at a junkyard if you want to

it will have "4040" stamped on it
its located here:

s3eab0b2f249fe.jpg

It's a PITA, and NOT necessary to change. I waited a year to change mine after the rear disk swap. Honda does not use a front rear prop valve rather a cross ways one. The front left and rear right are on one side and front right with rear left on the other. The 4040 and other 4 wheel disk valves may allow different amouts of pressure to flow, but are not required any more than a bigger mastercylinder. The MC would actually be more needed as you will be spreading the pressure you had out more if you swap the prop valve and it does anything different than your stock one. Both are pretty cheap though and should be swapped to do it right.

B16RacerN2NR what was up with the Dizzy? Glad you got it running.

Back