find the typo in this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mitsubishi concept version of a mid-sized pickup is displayed during the North American International Auto Show at Cobo Hall in Detroit. Sales of new vehicles are expected to rebound to near-record volumes again this year, and all signs are that Asian automakers plan to carve out a nigger piece of the lucrative truck segment(AFP/Jeff Haynes)

_____

Whoops. I'm sure he didn't mean it... I doubt that something that small (not saying it's insignificant) would end his career. B and N ARE right next to each other on the keyboard, right? It's an honest mistake, but I'm sure he'll get a nice talking to from his supervisor. Well, they're not next to each other on MY keyboard. Oh well. I'll never make that mistake while I'm on my computer.

:lol:

From what? Because he wrote something that most people perceive as racist and distasteful? He didn't break any laws. There can be no lawsuits over something like that. Maybe if he intended to hurt someone with it, and if it was even directed at someone, MAYBE he could be sued, but that's it.

Calesta, people have sued Mcdonalds claiming their food was to blame for them being overweight, this will most likely take the same path IMO

when they see all the hits that particular page is getting theyll prolly see something is up and change it quickly. i dont think theres any chance of a lawsuit. its obviously a mistake.

Originally posted by zaneithan@Jan 7 2004, 11:48 PM
Calesta, people have sued Mcdonalds claiming their food was to blame for them being overweight, this will most likely take the same path IMO

Exactly, and those are all frivolous lawsuits. The guy who sued because he was fat- that lawsuit was thrown out immediately. The only reason why people thought it was a big deal was because it was so ridiculous. Shit like that is why our legal system is so fucked up.

shit i hope there wont be a lawsuit....these days people are all about getting money the shitty and dishonest way....

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Jan 8 2004, 12:55 AM
i wonder if they've even caught the mistake yet. don't you think if they did they would have change it?

They don't have to, but they will in the best interests of not alienating readers...

***UPDATE***
the typo has been corrected.

I stared at that thing for a long time looking for a typo that wasn''t there!

yahootypo.jpg

Just in case any of you missed out :D

WEll, since I'm black, I guess I would have had a say if this wasn't corrected.

I didn't find it offensive since I assumed it was a mistake and just that. I can assure you they got some emails from unhappy minoritys around the US. And no they can not be sued and will not be sued, if that was the case then the KKK website would have been down and us "minorities" would have a shit load of extra money because we could sue them. The internet is not part of the legal system, some companies set guidelines for their sites and some don't.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 8 2004, 12:56 AM-->
zaneithan
@Jan 7 2004, 11:48 PM

Exactly, and those are all frivolous lawsuits. The guy who sued because he was fat- that lawsuit was thrown out immediately. The only reason why people thought it was a big deal was because it was so ridiculous. Shit like that is why our legal system is so fucked up.

and on top of that, the mcdonalds suit is alot closer to a true law suit, because in there, they could at least argue that it is damaging his health, and mcdonalds has not made a big push to offer more healthy food. (i still think that the mcdonalds case is utter bull shit) however, what harm is this typo doing. A), it is totally missed used IF the person was trying to be hateful, b ) It is one letter. C) its not directed at anyone (can go with a) and D) even if they did mean it, freedom of speach. I could could put up a website and say "all polish and Irish people are POS and all dem crackers are a waste of space" (keep in mind, I am polish and Irish) and say that all I want, and not get in trouble from it (other then maybe hate mail from others) we live in america.

Back