Finding parts for a 1st gen b16a????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91jdmteg

As everyone knows i have a 95 hatch with a 1st gen b16a swap OBDO. I know I didn't do it, But it's in here and runs great with no CEL. Anyways I was wondering If something went out on the motor how would i go about getting parts for it?? Could I go to the local parts store?? If so what would it be listed under? Would 99-00 b16a2 parts be the same? I just don't want to be left in the dark on getting parts if something happens. THANKS for your help. :worthy:

Really it depends on the part. NOT ALL B SERIES PARTS ARE INTERCHANGABLE. Sorry that gets said a lot, and it isn't true. Most of the stuff is the same, till you start talking electronics, and depending on mods made when swapping it in, they could be different. For instance cable and hyraulic clutchs are different, halfshafts and axles, along with different thermostat housings. Electronic plugs are different too.

MOst parts can come from the 99-00 Si, clutch from the 90-93 teg, same with axles. Thermostat housing (and possibly thermostat itself) I am not sure what, if anything interchanges.

even 90-91 and 92-93 integras have different clutch disk.
I believe a different number of splines on the output shaft.

Cable trans or a hydro trans?
Was the motor converted to obd1 or what did they/you do?

I personally can't tell you anything, because I don't know what was done. I have a 91 b18a1 with a 96 GSR trans in my 93 Cx hatch. I had a 94 b18b1 with 95 LS trans in my first hatch. And I'm putting a 95 b18b1 with a --put hydro b series trans here--. I thought about doing a cable trans set up on my hatch but then I figured out it was worth the extra couple of hundred and not fuck with anything.

Back