Finished B18B1 swap into EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nsgtr88

Hey guys, after a month I finally got the project done. I pulled out the obd2 D16Y8 that was blown and replaced it with a B18B1with the GSR trans running the P75 ecu. And I will admit this swap was the easiest swap I have ever had. Not saying I have done alot but I'll tell you guys. I'll do it again.

Reason why I opened this thread was becuase I'm in the process of writing up a diy manual on how to do a B18b1 EK swap. With all my research I couldn't find a decent swap manual. I have pictures of the process. Prices, size of tools needed, and even the wiring portion. What I don't have info on is the auto portion and the obd2 p73(2?) swap. With more research I'll find it.

I am new here but I hope I can help out! But right now I got to drive lol imagine three months ago I didn't know what a D series or B series was.

help

i just finished swapping a b18b1 into my 97 lx and everything is good except the cel is on due to the iac valve. i replaced the old one with a brand new one from acura and it still on. i was thinking it had something to do with the wiring but i cant find anything to help me out, and since u have done it already i was wondering if u could help me out.

Wats going on man im in the process of doing the same swapp i have a couple questions about how u did it tho,, are u having any electrical problems ?

I'll start off with I have no idea about the bad cel problem. But I know I had some sensor switched around before I started. I think it was the tps sensor and the maas flow sensor switched around but I saw that before I started it. Not to sure. Make sure u didn't do that lol

I didn't have any electical problems. I had to rewire my alternator due to the plugs being different. I also had to rewire the injector plugs due to it being different. Then I had to get a OBD2 to OBD1 wiring harness. Don't try to splice all the 60 or so wires. It can be done but I wouldn't try it. Then your suppose to lengthen a O2 sensor and make it 2 wire vs 3 wire. I didn't do this didn't need it. I could be wrong with some of that last bit of info. Some will say I'm wrong but I have a 99 OBD2 converted to OBD1 B18B1 in a OBD2 car lol ya kinda funked up.

I'm still in the process of writing up that walk through

Hey man, good on ya for getting this swap done!
I'm trying to figure out this exact swap except in a 97DX (ek)

I'll give you the run down...
First things first description of motor.

B18B1
Skunk2 intake (1997 b18 throttle body)
all sensors and injectors are obd1a
distributor is obd1 wired to obd2 and has the MSD Red Cap, MSD ignition
Running a P75 on the obd2 (stock wiring harness) with obd1 conversion at ecu

All mounts and linkage is complete, motor is running but had been running a code 4(ckp) only when cold and the ivac is NOT plugged in. Once warmed up she runs good and no code. But why is the ivac not working we swapped out three of them and cleaned them all and tested before we installed by plugging in and turning the ignition on.

I'm at a complete lost, I'm thinking of wiring the sensors directly to the ecu but I have had this car on the road before the skunk2 manifold was put on and was running a top notch ever since this damn intake its caused all sorts of problems.
This is all preparation for my turbo kit that's just waiting to go on.
Once I figure out this issue I'm all set but hopefully you or someone can throw some ideas why I'm having this code when warming up.

Symptoms when IVAC is plugged in is instant limp mode and running a code 4 tried the bypass with no avail. It will continue to run in limp mode when IVAC is plugged at all times.
When the ivac is un-plugged and cold it runs in limp mode and code 4 but once warm, we restart the car and she runs perfect no code.

Any ideas would help.

Get this one... We figured out the code issue turns out we didn't set the distributor properly so hence the ckps (code 4) so she fires up good no issues time for turbo LOL almost.:rimshot:

My buddie did the same swap his car runs great only problem is when driving unless your high rpm it's really boggy ??? Any help

Back