Finished Swap, Car Won't Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jma921

I just finished putting a OBD-I JDM b16 in my 92 vx and car won't start. I am getting codes 22 and 41. I am getting fuel but no spark. I checked the coil and igniter and they are good. All grounds are good. Any help would be appreciated.

vtec pressure switch and primary o2 heater... neither of these should keep you from getting spark. Double check the ground to your thermostat housing.

yeah it's codes 22 and 41 for sure. I am going to go over everything again. Thanks for the replies.

Are you getting spark at the plug?

You'll need to ground out the plug against the valve cover or something.

So, just to recap - youre getting spark, youre getting fuel, you have good compression and you assume the engine is in time?

I would double check the timing again, make sure its all good. I've probably overlooked where you had said you did this, but try it again.

Thanks for the replies. I checked the coil again and it was bad. Changed it out and it started right up. The code 22 went away now all I have is 41 but I haven't wired the o2 up yet. Thanks for the help.

It was getting spark, but it wasnt strong enough, right? Awesome, glad you fixed it. Take care of that code 41 and you'll be set!

I got the o2 wired up, fired it up and no codes. I took it for a test run and leaned on it a little and it runs pretty good. I think I'm gonna like it. Thanks for your help.

Back