firefox 4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just ran the update :(

not digging it at all

if i wanted to run a browser that looks like chrome i would fucking run chrome :(

half my plug ins dont work

fuck this shit im going back to 3.X for now

was able to change some of the gay... its a little better now
more tolerable to look at at very least

add ons still dont work... i guess ill give it a few days to see if i can deal with it

another complaint

when you click on something that normally opens a little mini window like for the add picture on here... it dims the screen and opens a fucking horrible looking little square that is about as pleasing to the eye as a fucking used tampon :puke:

mozilla definitely pooched this version of firefox
so far i am not at all impressed

and i cant get rid of this stupid fucking "Bookmark this page" star that is polluting the damn address bar

no more multi page back or forward... ** wait never mind... its there you just have to right click for it now **

Last edited:
does it do the stupid 404 hijack like chrome does?

that and the wonky ssl trust are the reasons i dont use chrome as my regular browser. all our crap at work is self signed SSL and my primary monitoring tool has 8 self signed ssl windows inside it. sucks bawls even when you follow the docs for adding a key to your trusted chain it never works right.

damn that was a long explanation of a short question.

Last edited:
I love FireFox, but I've noticed something. Not sure if it is my laptop or what.
A lot of the time, when I go from page to page.
I can't go back, as if I opened a new tab versus going from page to another in the same tab.
Odd.
its okay because 90% of the time I open a link I always "new tab".

no, nothing like facebook. they simply changed the look/feel of the 'alert' box.

I love FireFox, but I've noticed something. Not sure if it is my laptop or what.
A lot of the time, when I go from page to page.
I can't go back, as if I opened a new tab versus going from page to another in the same tab.
Odd.
its okay because 90% of the time I open a link I always "new tab".

This has happened to me, but it seems to be site specific.

I am pretty sure there is a setting that you can set the behavior of a link. I'm at work right now or id try and find it. All links open in new tabs for me.

Upgraded to 4 I hate the look. Is there a skin or something to bring it closer to the old look?

right click and check "menu bar"
uncheck "tabs on top"
then get the "Old Location Bar" add on

thats pretty much what im running now... its not perfect but its better than it was when i first got FF4

Back