First Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EWWW I would never buy a HB, it' go w/ 2 dr coupe

At 16 get the DelSol, if VTEC, your good to go w/ GSR swap bolt right in. also, w/ it being a 2 seater, you don't have to worry about the cockblocking friend, the girls all yours. now, if your looking for something to drag some of your friends around in the older preludes are nice, I also believe they had AWD. not to sure about insurance on any of them.

hey if you want mad speed get a fricking talon or eclipse gsx. Real easy to mod and real fast and cheap. My buddy bought one for 3G put like 2G into it and was running low 14's all day long.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Feb 10 2003, 07:46 AM-->
@Feb 10 2003, 09:13 AM
Find a late 80's early 90's 300zx.

i thought that they were produced from 90-94, they just debuted them in 1989.

Yea those cars are bad ass and you can even find some that are 2 2bitch seats (can be usefull) prices on them are still close or more than 10k.

I'm looking at a '87 300ZX T right now.

Originally posted by Prowler@Feb 10 2003, 10:01 PM
I'm looking at a '87 300ZX T right now.

Oh thats right, i forgot about the old body style.

FFCiv, sols go for minimum of 3k for an s (105 hp, dieing for swap) all the way to 10k for a low mid amount of miles and a newer DOHC vesion (basicly the 99-00 civic si engine). Not sure of your location but sols normally have alot of miles on them compared to other convertible in its class (miatas mostly) because of the hard top, winter driving is not compromised.

Diffrances in the sols

93-95 had headlights and little worthless aux lights (makes them look much better)
96-97 did not (the worthless lights burnt out too fast)

s models 105 hp
front disc, rear drum brakes
some had ps (not 100% because i never looked at them)
13 inch stealies

si models 125 hp (127 for 96-97)
4 wheel disc brakes
power windows
14 inch alloys (95-97 changed to a better style alloy)

VTEC models (rare) 160 hp
abs brakes
Strut tower bar
bigger sway bar
Same wheels as SI
Stick only (who would want anything less)

All sols had a removeable hard top

Back