first day without cigs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my buddy smoked for like 9 yrs.. pack a day.. he had been talking about quiting and one day he said i'm done and hasn't touched a cig in over a year..

Thats what I did on April 4th of this year. Never felt better.

I used to smoke before I began doing MMA.

MMA is a great incentive to quit. I wanted to learn how to kick the shit out of people more than I desired smoking.

Also, cig's would kill my cardio and not allow me to last in a fight. UBER beatdowns would come my way each sparring session because I was tired.

That was strong enough motivation for me to quit w/in one year after starting MMA >>> the smoking held me back from something I wanted.

he gets a bike she gets a kid....

women

Addiction is real. But it only takes about 3 days to get over the physical addiction of cigarettes. Lots of sleep can take care of that.

Then its a mental addiction. Which is the "I need a cigarette" thought after waking up or eating a big meal..

The mentality is: Are you stronger than the cigarette? Do you control it, or does it control you? Once you realize that you are getting your ass kicked by a chemical, you'll stop and probably never have the will to smoke again.

I smoked for something like 8 or 9 years, and was up to three packs a day at times, and I was able to kick the habit. Cold Turkey.

Now I drink excessively. :D

good thing... thats the last thing the world needs is a Celerity JR running around :p

Last edited:
Don't listen to them, I'll hang out with your kid, Steve. But really, good luck. My parents speak of quitting but I can't ever see them doing it. My entire family that lives in FL is addicted to tobacco or alcohol except me and I gotta say, my club is pretty cool. You can join it once you're clean and only when you're clean.... We have stickers. That's right, stickers.

... stickers ?

Smoking isn't on my mind, hardly at all. I cheated, I had one.

I took 2 drags off of it, wasn't getting anything, so I put it out. Didn't make me feel any different.

I also have the blessing of the "New Smoking Section". The new smoking section is simple:

Since smoking is now so unpopular, all the cool kids stopped doing it. Now I get to look around at those that go out for a cig when I do. Slags of society, the dregs of the streets. This old woman who speaks in coughs and wears a mumu. This other woman who's "Superfluous Front-ass" out sizes her real ass. Everyone looks about 90 to 118 years old and they all sound like Pontiacs at idle.

I look around at that and put it out. Feh.

I'm having a cigarette for you as I type this. I will freely admit that I smoke cigs. I normally smoke more often in social situations. Since I'm such a homebody now, I rarely smoke at all... maybe 2 a day. When my kids are here, I don't smoke at all. It's odd. I'm sure I could just stop, but I guess I don't want to that badly. Although I'm well aware it causes cancer. Chalk me up with the 'idiots.'

I smoke like a pack this weekend.

But I'm back on. No cigs. I dropped the bike and got really depressed, starting to see that I couldn't handle a machine. Starting to feel better about it, now that I have a plan.

Back