First rebuild atempt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's best to do it all at one time. dont forget cams for NA are different than cams for FI. pistons, rods, cams, possibly springs/retainers, etc would all need to be changed to better compliment boost.

see thats the thing, i do not want to spend that much money on a turbo setup. im not a speed crazy teen. this project is more than JUST speed. its needs to be what works for me.

i will probly just go with the N/A setup that pissedofsol posted. that sounds more like what im trying to do. i know if i go with hi-comp pistons i wont be able to go turbo later without redoing it all. but the N/A sounds more within my budget. plus id rather have a strong motor that will last awhile than have a turbo motor w/ stock internals that wont last more than 60k miles.

Last edited:
well get the tune done correctly with the turbo and it's going to deffinatly make it over 60k.

you dont have to be a speed crazy teen to see that turbo is your cheapest, quickest, most reliable way to pick up some decent ponies.

idk man, i'd be all for turbo. thats all i really got to say.

word, i agree its worth being done right. i read that home made turbo forum. i am doing alot of reading with this. im reading in my haynes manual also.

right now im reading homemadeturbo.com .

i am gonna refresh my engine, i was just thinking that if i turbo'd my car id need alot of expensive parts (rods/pistons/etc).

wouldnt i need to get a lower comp piston to go with this? or use the stock ones?

nope you can boost on stock sleeves, pistons, rods, cams, springs, retainers, valves, head flow, everything stock, you can still boost! the fact that you have higher compression stock pistons just means you have less leway with a crappy tune. get a good tune and there wont be a problem. lower comp pistons will allow you to run more boost to achieve the same figures. just leave it at the stock compression level and it'll be alright. at the most you can make around 10.8:1 with B16B pistons, and you can still boost on that.

stock parts with boost have their limits, but the limit is above what most built NA motors put out.

whew, been reading for the last 3 hours...
Honda-Tech.com: Forced Induction: -->COMPLETE How-To:: Turbocharge Your Honda // Rep-ing Hypnotik Speed
G2IC Turbo Guide - A Guide to Turbocharging your Honda / Acura Integra

since im doing a custom kit, it would probly be easier to have a shop install the kit since it will take fabrication using tools i dont have. now since im only looking at ~200whp would the 14b turbo be a good one to use?

then i would have to get the:
*exhaust manifold
*probably a tial 38mm wastegate(the site said that would a good one to use),
*probably a 1g dsm BOV or if i can find another one cheaper than a greddy (260$ holy SH*T).
*some dsm adapters
the shop can do the oil/coolant lines, and all the piping.
they have a dyno too, so they can do the tuning.

will i need bigger injectors, fuel pump, boost controller, anything im missing
what do you think?

edit: hey i just found this, i know its ebay but just check it out for me eBay Motors: Complete D series SOHC TD05H 14B Turbo DSM CIVIC L@@K!! (item 250236280669 end time Apr-15-08 15:06:32 PDT)
i know its a d series setup, id have to get the b series manifold

Last edited:
that setup got bought already. but im looking at a garrett t25 turbo. those seem to be nice turbos to go with and are not that expensive. what do you think?

Last edited:
well hell, lets rip this honda apart :D

i gotta find a 14b turbo now. ive checked craigslist and ebay. for SOME reason i cant register on dsmtrader so i cant use that resource.

crap...

will i need to upgrade the injectors to 450cc, ill probably need the resistor box too. and im kinda confused on what manifold to get, do i get a dsm manifold or a honda manifold?
i may go with a t25 or t28 turbo or a 16g if i cant find a 14b. decent ones are hard to come by.
a guy local to me said that i WILL need to upgrade my cams and pushrods if i do a turbo.

what do you think?

Last edited:
You would need a manifold for your specific engine, you will need larger injectors, Honda engines don't have pushrods and I think you would only need to get stronger valvesprings if that.

sorry that was a bonehead post by me

me=pwnt

Last edited:
alright, ive got my setup ready to go.

450cc injectors
garrett gt2052 38mm 50/51
map 2 ecu
oil/coolant lines etc.

gonna be gettin this on soon, ill post pic's when its on.

nice choice...post pix of progress,,like when hgetting all the parts,putting the parts together,and especially the finished product,,,

after reading your thread i decided to look into turbo...so keep a look out for some 450's please:D

Back