First Swap b16 into 98 ex wiring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ejay8

ok ive done my research and got all the stuff needed for my swap.motor is on its way and i just wanna know what to do before i start the swap. only have not found a clear answer on what wire i need to extend / change. im swapping an 0bd2 B16a into my 98 ex. so exactly what wire is it that i have to extend/add? help pleaseee

You need to extend the VTEC solenoid and VTEC oil pressure switch (b/c B16 is on the radiator side of distributor). Not sure where your O2 sensor is on your D16Y8 but that may need to be moved too. Pretty sure your throttle cable is okay.

Please tell us what you have for the swap right now.

I bought the complete swap from hmotors and they provided the si t bracket and the other mounts that I needed.. Axels/altenators and all other stuff is there aswell.. And p30 ecu.. I'm waiting for the delivery of the motor but I was just trying to find out why wires would have to be changed.

Yes...I said the same thing to him almost amonth ago. VTEC and O2 is mostly all he had to do but not sure if he finished already

Back