First Swap. Need a little advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I read as much as possible but i might of missed this, did you decide to change heads?

Any way im rocking the good old b18b and its not that fun. Yeah you can get them to go but its not as fun with out the vtec. If i had your money i would do the internals and find a b16 or gsr head for it. If you do decide to go that route search for goldeneagle.com or something like that. I have researched it before, they have a complete vtec kit for those motors. You get the oil line, dowl pins to allign the head, new head gasket, sandwich plate and there is no drilling involved. Research it please, i dont want to see someone were im at now wishing they had the 6ooo rpm fun run. Post back with decision

About how much do heads run?

Also. Doesn't a B16 have more power than a B18? So, would a B16 be better?

Last edited:
b16 and gsr heads are about even in NA applications and the b16 is marginally better in a turbo app, but ported, both have their unique advantages.

Its what i do, notice the avatar caption. HS TROLL!! FTW.

hehe, you guys are crazy.

I don't have any plans at all to go F/I. So, do you think it would be better to get the b16 complete change over, or B18?

dont quote me on this, but i think they run similar ETs. i would say go with the LS and call it a day.

and i know there are guys with a lil head work, some p30 pistons and some crower 404 cams running crazy numbers (without vtec).

Its what i do, notice the avatar caption. HS TROLL!! FTW.

Yea I was gonna make a comment about that in my previous post but it would've been redundant so I left it out

hehe, you guys are crazy.

I don't have any plans at all to go F/I. So, do you think it would be better to get the b16 complete change over, or B18?

Just go with the B18 then, don't get me wrong I love my B16's but for N/A I decided to go to the B18.

Yea I was gonna make a comment about that in my previous post but it would've been redundant so I left it out

Just go with the B18 then, don't get me wrong I love my B16's but for N/A I decided to go to the B18.

yeah, i used to be a VTEC OR DIE kinda guy, but i have learned that err of my ways. LSes can be quick NA for an affordable price. Then you can bump it up to an LSV for a decent upgrade cost.

yeah, i used to be a VTEC OR DIE kinda guy, but i have learned that err of my ways. LSes can be quick NA for an affordable price. Then you can bump it up to an LSV for a decent upgrade cost.
Yea they can be but I still love my VTEC, that's why I went with the C5 although I haven't heard her scream in a while still tryna find out why but had to put that on whole till I get my tranny fixed/replaced

2. that deal if the engine is either new or almost is a good deal. Its the whole package everything included but the only thing youll need is special motor mounts to fit that engine to your car reason being is that that engine origanilly is for the integra ... so hopefully u get wat im sayin

so it's not a good idea to buy the complete change over because you'd have paid for mounts or whatever that were meant for the integra. rather, it'll be a better idea if you just buy the motor tranny and ecu which is an option on hmotorsonline.com . am i right?

hey my name is scotty i drive a 92 hatchback with a blown d-16... sad but glad to say i blew that motor to shit and i am getting my jdm b16 next week... this is also my first swap so i am a little worried... but with help from my room mate and his friends they say it is a walk in the park... the motor is a b16a2... i had a d16 P.O.S. any things i should be thinking of before doing the sergery... thanks guys... o and i also have a t3t4 turbo... what do i need to slap that bad boy on the new b16...
thanks again

hey my name is scotty i drive a 92 hatchback with a blown d-16... sad but glad to say i blew that motor to shit and i am getting my jdm b16 next week... this is also my first swap so i am a little worried... but with help from my room mate and his friends they say it is a walk in the park... the motor is a b16a2... i had a d16 P.O.S. any things i should be thinking of before doing the sergery... thanks guys... o and i also have a t3t4 turbo... what do i need to slap that bad boy on the new b16...
thanks again
Well the D-series are no P.O.S

hell ya

nice dude... i did hear you talkin about the b16 and i got one in my hatchback right now... the ls b18 is sick as hell but studies show that the b16 with its compression ratio is a baller motor... the ls has more torqe bottom end but dude... vtech is sick... i just raced the same year with a lsb18 and i beat him... i am throwing my t3t4 back on next week i hope... just remember bigger is not always better...

Back