FIRST SWAP ON CIVIC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunsmoke

HELLO EVERYBODY I GOT SOME QUICK QUESTIONS MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN HELP OUT..
I JUST FINISHED BUYING A CIVIC 1997 2 DOOR AND LOOKING TO DO MY FIRST SWAP =]

FIRST QUESTION IS I HEARD A B16A1 FIRST GENERATION MOTOR WOULD FIT BUT MANY
ARE TELLING ME DIFFERENT ASWELL..

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE CLEAR THIS OUT FOR ME BEFORE I WASTE MY MONEY LOL..
IF NOT WHICH IS RECOMMANDED FOR THIS CIVIC?

THE HELP IS APPRICIATED.. :mrgreen:

look in the articles sections, easiest swaps are within your OBD.
stop yelling.
learn stuff.

the B16a1(first gen) is best suited for 91 and older cars, it also has a cable actuated clutch so it would require more work than a b16 out of a 99-00 si, which i believe would slip right in place, read the articles.

97=obd2 get and obd2 swap 96+ or get an obd1 swap and convert your ecu to obd1, obd0 isn't worth it seeing that your car is obd2 and already uses a hydroulic clutch, easiest swap will be an obd2.

Depending on the emissions laws in your area, putting an older OBD motor into a newer car could be illegal. Say putting a OBD1 b16 into your OBD2 Civic. Read read read read read! :)

all b16's are basically the same, including 1st gens, however you can't use the tranny from this motor. Any b series hydro tranny will work. But you need to research alot, all the sensors on the 1st gen need to be rewired and replaced with new style counterparts and you will have to change the distributor(you d16 vtec distributor will work) to an obd2. There is alot more and i don't feel like writing it. Pick Up A Book! for christ sake!

Back