Fitting a B16 Rad hose to D16 Radiator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steelbuster

OK guys..Who has a GOOD method for making the larger B16 Top radiator hose fit the smaller 89 Si radiator inlet. I slipped 2 layers of innertube over the inlet to shim it up but I'm not very happy with that even though it doesn't leak. <_<
Pappy

why dont you use ladder hose clamps ? you know the one with a screw on it so it can get tighter and tighter?? i wouldnt trust using spacers or somethign to fill the gap up cuz under pressure it could pop off.

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 5 2003, 10:36 PM
why dont you use ladder hose clamps ? you know the one with a screw on it so it can get tighter and tighter?? i wouldnt trust using spacers or somethign to fill the gap up cuz under pressure it could pop off.

Is that what you used??? don't look good to me but IF it worked for you I'll reconsider my opinion.

I just had my water neck off the D series cut off, and welded to the cut off B series water neck.

Then I just got a hose that fit on both ends and was good to go. ;)

I think it's like a 90 model Accord Rad hose that ended up fitting. :p

i did use those clamps and it hasnt given me any problems. it doesnt look that bad...

Back