Five wire O2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dorknut

Dorknut
does anyone know of a place I could pick up a five wire O2 sensor for under a $100?
I have a 93 hatchback VX. the O2 on it coasts $400 at oreillys.

thank you

this place has them for 50 bucks sparkplugs.com

the ones for 50 are only 4 wire and the 5 wire o2 on the is 435, what i'd do is find a p28 ecu
and wire in a 4 wire it would be alot cheaper

damn i wish i would have known they were worth that much... i just threw one away a couple of weeks ago...

yea i have a 95 vx and i just dropped in a d16z6 it was cheaper for me to drop in the z6 than to buy a new o2

Last edited:
Hey bud, I swapped in a d15z1 and used the old computer and O2 from my CX. That is a one wire O2 for $20 and a computer most people will just give you. The VTEC doesn't work, but I passed smog well under standards and I'm getting 52 MPG!! I'd like to put a button on the dash to trigger the VTEC or the whole RPM activated thing.

wow, i have the vtec-e as well but i only get about 38 or 40. but the vtec kicks in all the time. thanks for the tip. I think im just going to do a b swap and not have to worry about it anymore. it cost about the same.

Wow! the vtec sucks that much milage. that ,well, SUCKS! I'd have to cop to some hypermiling; drafting, turning it off at the 2 lights I hit getting to the highway, coasting for some serious downhill sections--- and that is all highway miles.

Back