Fixed It!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceburner

ok..well we replaced the manifold gasket..put everything back on..and it still doing that funny idle sound..so we kept looking on the manifold and notice a vacum line was blowing out air..it was the one on top of the manifold..so i put my finger over the hole and the car almost went dead and barely put it over it and it idled perfect..so we just stuck a hose over it and plugged it to somethin and its been runnin perfect since yesturday..but never know what will happen..and oh yea..people say on SOHC vtec motors u cant hear vtec kick in..well they are fuckin liars..b/c when i hit 5700 i can hear it as plan as day..but anyway..thanx for all the help from the people that gave me suggestions and not funny jokes about my problem and took my problem seriously..peace!! :D :imgone:

if you had a vacuum pushing out air then you're fucked. i think you mean sucking in? unless of course youre under boost.

Sketchy, indeed. I don't know if you've been around for this whole problem Liquid, but man we've been going on and on about this guys supposed vacuum leak, and the fix does sound kinda sketchy

yea it was suckin in..my bad....well is there a way of me puttin my vtec upto 4900??? besides a vtec controller?

No , dude you don't understand. Your VTEC should kick in at 4900 RPM FROM THE FACTORY!!! . If you need a vtec controller or a chip to get it where it's supposed to be you have bigger problems.

Originally posted by Riceburner@Apr 27 2003, 09:31 AM
and oh yea..people say on SOHC vtec motors u cant hear vtec kick in..well they are fuckin liars..

ummm no. as a sohc owner, i cant hear vtec for shit over my cai.

i cant wait till i get my greddy kit on there....
give that car some much needed balls

i can hear it barely in 1st and 2-5th i can hear it REALLY good...so what could i do to fix the siliniod..or what would make it engage so late???

Dude, it probably is kicking in at 4900 rpm, but you just can't hear it until you get higher in the rev range. I would perform a simple test to see if it is working at the right RPM. Tap into the wire going to the VTEC solenoid, and run a wire into the passenger compartment, and hook the wire up to a 12v light or LED of some sort. Of course you have to ground the other wire of the light to a suitable chassis ground. Warm up your car, take off, shift into second gear at somewhere around 20-25 MPH and punch it. The light will light up when the VTEC engages. See if it lights up at the correct RPM. If not you may have a faulty VTEC solenoid, plugged solenoid filter or incorrect ECU. Perform this test and let me know what happens :hide:

Are we all talking about the same motor here an obd I d16z6 or an obd II d16y8? Only states sohc vtec so in all reality could be talking about either motors. I do know the obd II d16y8 factory vtec point is 5700rpms. so you people probably have different motors? ;)

Back