flat black

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i want to paint my prelude but i live in the desert and sand storms are hard on the 2000 dollar paint job. i wan to just go with a flat black has anyone tried this and what were your results.

Many people did this. Its alright to do. Just dont get lazy like I did and finish the job. I ran out of paint and had to go somewhere so I was too lazy to retape the car and it looks like shit. Use a decent spray paint, if you are going the spray can route.

first off lemme say "HELL YEAH!!" flat black ownz :thumbsup:

as far as doing yourself, its pretty easy. take one day to tape off and sand the car down...you just wanna scuff up the paint so the flat black will stick. blow the dust off. also you may wanna romove as much stuff as possible such as headlights, tail lights, emblems and what not as it will be a lil easier plus you wont get any paint on them. after doing all that, go to town and start spraying. after its done drying...put the stuff you took off and put it back on and remove the tape off sections. easy as that as thats the BASICS of it.

btw...you gonna do a rattle can job?

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jan 15 2004, 05:19 PM
first off lemme say "HELL YEAH!!" flat black ownz :thumbsup:

How did we all know you were going to be all about the flat balck. :p

Back