Flywheel Suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My butt dyno didn't tell me shit... but my car's just too slow right now anyway. :)

Well, I meant my Civic was too slow.

I drove a rental Suzuki Aerio for 2.5 weeks, then a rental Alero for a day in Houston on company business, and now I'm driving my parents' old 97 Camry which I'll be selling once my Civic is out of the shop.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 5 2003, 01:52 PM
OK, well, by that rationale, increasing the weight of a flywheel will give you more torque (i.e. power at low rpm). But there has to be someplace in the middle (between the arguments of stock vs. lightened) that gives you an optimum power gain throughout the powerband. Is chet right, is Clutchmaster's right, or is there someplace else in the spectrum that hasn't been brought up? Maybe the question is somewhat rhetorical....

think of a frisbee. a really light frisbee can be thrown fast, BUT it will quickly decelerate because it doesn't have the inertia of a heavier frisbee helping it sail through the air.........on the other hand, if you made the frisbee too heavy, it wouldnt perform at all.

So what if it DEcelerates too fast? I'm only concerned with how it works the other way. :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 10 2003, 08:46 AM
So what if it DEcelerates too fast? I'm only concerned with how it works the other way. :D

DEcelerating fast is good for fast shifting. :p

Back