For Sale, RWD Civic, turbo v6...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Feb 7 2005, 01:44 PM
so he seperated the engine and transmission. ran a sort of driveshaft before the tranny to the tranny in the rear? that sounds stupid to me. and he wont get 20k for it.
[post=457531]Quoted post[/post]​

dude, that's crazy though... I wish I had a full blown pic of that car

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Feb 7 2005, 03:44 PM
so he seperated the engine and transmission. ran a sort of driveshaft before the tranny to the tranny in the rear? that sounds stupid to me. and he wont get 20k for it.
[post=457531]Quoted post[/post]​

Ya like the C5 corvettes, they use a torque tube with a shaft inside it to transfer power from the clutch to the tranny. Weird huh.

it does not have a legend transmission on the back. I owned a 95 legend until recentely and even still have my 6 speed manual tranny in the back yard for it, the transmission has a small like drive shaft off the passenger side of the tranny that goes foward to a differential on the passenger side of the diff is an axle shaft and then there is a hole in the oil pan that goes across to the driver side where another axle shaft is. Altho it may be a tranny from a inline 5 cylinder vigor, but im not sure since i never seen one of those

Originally posted by ksrcivic@Feb 7 2005, 02:06 PM
it does not have a legend transmission on the back. I owned a 95 legend until recentely and even still have my 6 speed manual tranny in the back yard for it, the transmission has a small like drive shaft off the passenger side of the tranny that goes foward to a differential on the passenger side of the diff is an axle shaft and then there is a hole in the oil pan that goes across to the driver side where another axle shaft is. Altho it may be a tranny from a inline 5 cylinder vigor, but im not sure since i never seen one of those
[post=457534]Quoted post[/post]​

i've never heard of a 5 cylinder honda engine... must be an audi made engine???

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Feb 7 2005, 01:45 PM
i've never heard of a 5 cylinder honda engine... must be an audi made engine???
[post=457551]Quoted post[/post]​

yep its an audi inline 5

Audi made that engine? Wha, are you sure? I just saw on in the junkyard last week, looked like an old SOHC civic valvecover lthough it was 25% longer lol.

It is indeed a Acura Legend Transmission mounted in the back. This past weekend i installed a type 2, 6 speed transmission in my neighbors 1996 legend, and his old 5 speed was the same as that one mounted in the rear of that civic.

96 legend? only in japan... the legend was made here 91-95, they were RL's over here, i have the same tranny in the backyard and replaced mine as well and its missing some key parts like the differntial that comes on the legend trannys, unless they changed the trannys on the RL , its not a 91-95 LEGEND tranny

here is my 94 type II six speed engine and tranny.... notice the 2nd pic where the arrow is, there is no output for an axle like the transmission in that civic, the 91-95 legend had a differntial that was located underneath the the passenger side header (3rd pic) that put power to a set of axles, there was no output for axles on the trannsmission itself.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Originally posted by ksrcivic@Feb 7 2005, 06:40 PM
here is my 94 type II six speed engine and tranny.... notice the 2nd pic where the arrow is, there is no output for an axle like the transmission in that civic, the 91-95 legend had a differntial that was located underneath the the passenger side header (3rd pic) that put power to a set of axles, there was no output for axles on the trannsmission itself.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

[post=457668]Quoted post[/post]​

hehee, what are you up too with that engine/tranny

nothing its just sittin in my backyard its not mine anymore, I sold it with my legend when i sold my legend to a freind, hes prolly not going to do anything with it, so if u want it shoot me an offer ill ask him what he wants for it

Originally posted by ksrcivic@Feb 7 2005, 06:45 PM
nothing its just sittin in my backyard its not mine anymore, I sold it with my legend when i sold my legend to a freind, hes prolly not going to do anything with it, so if u want it shoot me an offer ill ask him what he wants for it
[post=457672]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, its a bad time for my to pick that engine/tranny up right now... I have to finish my 2 projects before this summer so that I can promote my business next year to the fullest in Miami... :ph34r:

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Feb 7 2005, 11:54 AM
16g on a v6??? i dunno bout you but that sounds kinda small....plus that intercooler is sort of tiny. other than that, its a pretty decent car...cept th etwo tone..the altezzas....
[post=457432]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, that car is probably real fun to drive - quick sp00l, mad torque . . .

Just cause a car doesnt have a "m0nster DumPtruKK turbo wit M4d b00st" doesnt mean its slow.

. . . the only thing i bet sux about that car is its handleing - the civic platform wasnt meant for RWD.

:yes:

I noted in the ad he brags about how it's the "only civic that is right for drifting".

It probably sucks for drifting. I wouldn't trust it to drift... probably break something.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 8 2005, 12:04 AM
:yes:

I noted in the ad he brags about how it's the "only civic that is right for drifting".

It probably sucks for drifting. I wouldn't trust it to drift... probably break something.
[post=457846]Quoted post[/post]​

Why, its not like you go fast when you are drifting...... :p

going fast and putting stress on generally weak places are two very different things. :p

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 7 2005, 10:48 PM
going fast and putting stress on generally weak places are two very different things. :p
[post=457872]Quoted post[/post]​

true, drifting is strength, the subframe he did for the rear end doesn't look all the sturdy... he should had used a thicker material or at least an X frame design which is the same as a V or Z design chassis, gives way more strength on thinner material...

Back