For The People Who Have Kids

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
Is it normal for my son to be eating 4 ounces of formula every 2 hours? This just started yesterday. He is 2 and a half weeks old. From the day he was born till yesterday he would eat on average 1-2 ounces every 2-3 hours. I know the older and bigger he gets, the more he needs to eat but this is a dramatic change. He is having bowel movements regularly so I know there isn't a problem with his digestive system. Any of you other parents experience this?

What's his weight anyway ?

To find out if 4 oz is too much, you'll need to see how he is reacting overall. The amount ingested versus BMs. If he's been eating a lot for the past 6 hours, then it wouldn't really affect his BM quite yet. I'm sure that as I'm writing this, he's filling his diaper with the answer you need.

Yeah, it seems a bit much. Are you feeding him whenever he cries ? How do you know he's hungry every 2 hours ?

Let him eat whatever he wants. You can't overfeed a baby. He's not a fish.. :)

My kid is 6 months old, and eats 6-8 oz every 2.5-3 hours... But he has been teething, and lately sometimes only eats 2-3 oz every 3-4 hours...

Babies will eat whatever they want, whenever they want... Like I said... You can't overfeed him.

Quoted post[/post]]
Let him eat whatever he wants. You can't overfeed a baby. He's not a fish.. :)

My kid is 6 months old, and eats 6-8 oz every 2.5-3 hours... But he has been teething, and lately sometimes only eats 2-3 oz every 3-4 hours...

Babies will eat whatever they want, whenever they want... Like I said... You can't overfeed him.

thats why theres 100 lb 3 yr olds on maury povich.

Quoted post[/post]]
What's his weight anyway ?

To find out if 4 oz is too much, you'll need to see how he is reacting overall. The amount ingested versus BMs. If he's been eating a lot for the past 6 hours, then it wouldn't really affect his BM quite yet. I'm sure that as I'm writing this, he's filling his diaper with the answer you need.

Yeah, it seems a bit much. Are you feeding him whenever he cries ? How do you know he's hungry every 2 hours ?
He was born 6lbs 6 ounces. He got a check up a week after he was born and he put on 6 more ounces. I don't know exactly how much he weighs right now.

It's funny you mention how much he's taking vs how much of a BM he has because as much as he takes in, it looks like the right amount is coming out if you know what I mean. Biggest shits 3var!! lol

I don't automatically feed him when ever he cries. When he starts crying, depending on how long it's been since he last ate, i'll check his diaper, try and see if he wants to go in his swing, comfort him, ect... I don't actually know he's hungry every 2 hours persay(sp?) but our doctor told us he is supposed to eat every 2-3 hours. My last resort to his crying is trying to see if he's hungry and lately that has been the solution. Like I said before, his BM's are equivalent to how much his intake is.

It's just weird that he decided to double his intake almost instantly.

Maury LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Scrapin, i'm sure your right because if he gets milk in his mouth and he's full, he'll send it right back to me lol

Bingo..> Same thing with solids... He'll tell you when he's ready... When you give them to him and he doesn't redeposit them on your shirt...

So does your kid have a favorite shirt of yours that he likes to puke on? I have these 4 shirts from old navy... WHENEVER I wear them... No matter if he just ate, or hasn't eaten in 3 hours... He ALWAYS spits up on them.

And there are 100lb 3 year olds because the parents let the kids eat junk all day long, and sit in front of the TV, while they sit back and drink alcohol all day long. Feeding your kid the formula requirements he wants won't make him become overweight. Feeding your 3 year old chocolate & cheeseburgers everyday makes him overweight.

Quoted post[/post]]
Bingo..> Same thing with solids... He'll tell you when he's ready... When you give them to him and he doesn't redeposit them on your shirt...

So does your kid have a favorite shirt of yours that he likes to puke on? I have these 4 shirts from old navy... WHENEVER I wear them... No matter if he just ate, or hasn't eaten in 3 hours... He ALWAYS spits up on them.

And there are 100lb 3 year olds because the parents let the kids eat junk all day long, and sit in front of the TV, while they sit back and drink alcohol all day long. Feeding your kid the formula requirements he wants won't make him become overweight. Feeding your 3 year old chocolate & cheeseburgers everyday makes him overweight.
He loves to spit up all over me when I don't have a shirt on lol My guess is he relax's his whole body or something because of my body heat. It's doesn't matter if he just ate or not either, he does it just to hear me say "aw fuck" lol or he could be just giving me a reason to take a shower :laugh: :ph34r:

Yeah, those big fat ass kids on Maury are fed nothing but junk and fried foods. IMO, the parents go wrong when they want to put their child on a diet. Adults can hardly keep up with diets, what makes you think a child is any easier. Making those over weight kids lose weight is the wrong approach. I feel that if you just keep them at their current weight, they'll end up at the ideal weight once they get older. Of course shedding a few lbs doesn't hur but they are trying to make these kids go on full diets.

Well the other thing is, they are trying to say its not their fault their kids are fat... Its like HELLOOO>... He doesn't drive himself to McDonalds everyday!!!

And I won't feed my kid without a shirt on... Got puked on too many times... A shirt can change without the need for a shower... LOL.

And I don't care what you do, or who you are... Baby Formula is the WORST SMELL IN THE WORLD.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well the other thing is, they are trying to say its not their fault their kids are fat... Its like HELLOOO>... He doesn't drive himself to McDonalds everyday!!!

And I won't feed my kid without a shirt on... Got puked on too many times... A shirt can change without the need for a shower... LOL.

And I don't care what you do, or who you are... Baby Formula is the WORST SMELL IN THE WORLD.
I'm not comfortable at home with a shirt on. It gets too hot. I live with my in-laws and they have the heater on blast all the fucking time so i'm screwed there. I hate the way his formula smells before he drinks it. When he spits or throws it up, it actually smells better lol

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I'm not comfortable at home with a shirt on. It gets too hot. I live with my in-laws and they have the heater on blast all the fucking time so i'm screwed there. I hate the way his formula smells before he drinks it. When he spits or throws it up, it actually smells better lol

045.gif

Yea man, my son did the same thing.. It's all good!

Is my picture not working ? DAMMIT I found the Family Guy screenshot of Stewie after Peter tried to breast feed him.

That's a pretty trendy way of spelling "Pacifier"

Back