For Those With A Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93solman

Any one that has a sol ever have any problem with water in their dome light? I washed my car today, and for some reason, discovered that there was water in my dome light.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

No, I haven't ever had problems with the dome light having water in it. However, I bet money that the problem is that your seals to your roof are bad. That's what causes ALL del sols to eventually let water into the cabin. Most get it where the roof meets the A pillar.

There is a simple solution to this and a slightly harder one (but better). The first, look for the hole where your water is leaking in, and take just a little silicon gasket sealant and try to smooth out the rubber seal, filling in holes from wear & tear. This is what I've done and my brother, and it seems to work well, for at least some time if you do it well. The second, better way, is to replace the seals. At some time you will have to anyways. Try looking online for the seals, you'll find them cheaper than at the dealership. I like looking @ the diagrams Majestic Honda to find what I need. If you replace the seals now though, you are keeping yourself from doing it later. Oh, and remember, only do the ones you need, cause they are expensive!

Back