Fortifying Block....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nhs787

I've heard from some that the blockgaurd is a good thing, from others waste of money. Anybody have any experience with blockgaurds and their effectiveness?

I'm running a crvtec with stock internals, and the thin cylinder walls make me think twice bout revving.

blockguards are okay if you do them right...weld them inplace and rehone/bore the cylinder to make sure they are in clearence and straight....if you dont want to do all that then dont waste your time on a drop in one because they cause noise and vibration and uneven pressure on the walls of your cylinder....

Originally posted by nhs787@Jan 13 2004, 01:42 PM
I'm running a crvtec with stock internals, and the thin cylinder walls make me think twice bout revving.

If it's built right with ARP fasteners in your rods and head, you should be fine revving to 8k. Mine ran quite a long time (45k miles) on the stock sleeve.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 13 2004, 02:40 PM-->
@Jan 13 2004, 01:42 PM

If it's built right with ARP fasteners in your rods and head, you should be fine revving to 8k. Mine ran quite a long time (45k miles) on the stock sleeve.

and only died from driver error ;)

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jan 13 2004, 03:30 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 13 2004, 02:40 PM
nhs787
@Jan 13 2004, 01:42 PM

and only died from driver error ;)

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Yup.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back