Found my new home.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Yep... it's located right at the top of the mountain pictured here:

wNjkyNTc4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

:)

there's an old highway here that's called Spiral Highway. looks just like that, embanked switchbacks the whole way up. i love it. that's how i knew the frame locks helped my car a lot.

you suck prowler... haha man I need to move the fuck out of indiana... straight... flat roads everywhere. :angry:

come to Virginia. i found a really awesome road to drive on thats like 10 minutes from where i live. really curvy and awesome.

Looks kind of like Trail Ridge Road in CO. It is above tree line, so there aren't too many roads it could be. On the subject, one of my favorite roads is Big Thompson Canyon in CO.

On the subject, My personal favorite road to drive is Highway 1 between Willits and Ft. Bragg. Its got tons of curves that are carved out along the mountainside, lasts like 30 miles too. On the miata boards i keep hearing about an 11 mile stretch of road with 308 turns called the "tail of the dragon". It sounds real interesting.

i dunno exactly where that is, but I'm fairly sure that it's in Europe somewhere.... just by the road design alone. I've never seen a US road that looked like that. We'd just blow the shit out of the side of the mountain to make it one long straight line.

Originally posted by Blanco+Dec 31 2004, 12:34 AM-->
@Dec 31 2004, 12:47 AM
On the subject, My personal favorite road to drive is Highway 1 between Willits and Ft. Bragg. Its got tons of curves that are carved out along the mountainside, lasts like 30 miles too. On the miata boards i keep hearing about an 11 mile stretch of road with 308 turns called the "tail of the dragon". It sounds real interesting.
[post=439443]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, I love making that drive. There's also a someplace called "dead man's curve" around the Ft. Bragg area. One of the last times we went up there, we drove up to Garbersville (I think that's what the name of the place was) and there were some fun twisties on the way up there.
[post=439493]Quoted post[/post]​

Highway 1 is quite possibly the best stretch of road in the country. I drove it the other day from Big Sur to Santa Cruz, then jumped on Highway 9 (which is sweet), got on 280 for an hour or so till I got to SF, crashed at my folks place. Then got back in the car and drove north on 1 from about Mill Valley on, it is the greatest fucking road ever, the Mill Valley to Stinson Beach stretch is way better in my opinion than the Willits stretch, but that is still a ton of fun too. I could drive highway one all day from about Cambria north, anything south of Cambria, and the road straightens out, and LA traffic kicks in.

I'm willing to bet there is an auto mechanic shop at the bottom of that hill that has a big sign that says "BRAKE JOBS! GREAT PRICES!" LOL!

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Dec 31 2004, 12:58 PM-->
Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 31 2004, 12:34 AM
Guy
@Dec 31 2004, 12:47 AM
[post=439443]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, I love making that drive. There's also a someplace called "dead man's curve" around the Ft. Bragg area. One of the last times we went up there, we drove up to Garbersville (I think that's what the name of the place was) and there were some fun twisties on the way up there.
[post=439493]Quoted post[/post]​

Highway 1 is quite possibly the best stretch of road in the country. I drove it the other day from Big Sur to Santa Cruz, then jumped on Highway 9 (which is sweet), got on 280 for an hour or so till I got to SF, crashed at my folks place. Then got back in the car and drove north on 1 from about Mill Valley on, it is the greatest fucking road ever, the Mill Valley to Stinson Beach stretch is way better in my opinion than the Willits stretch, but that is still a ton of fun too. I could drive highway one all day from about Cambria north, anything south of Cambria, and the road straightens out, and LA traffic kicks in.
[post=439638]Quoted post[/post]​

last time we drove to mexico, on the way back we drove on 1 from santa barbra up to big sur. from hearst castle to big sur is a lot of fun too. kinda scary, there is no life at all there, i almost ran out of gas. had to pay like $3 a gallon in big sur, haha. i have yet to do highway 1 north of SF. we should organize a meet to drive it sometime :)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Dec 31 2004, 06:56 PM
I'm willing to bet there is an auto mechanic shop at the bottom of that hill that has a big sign that says "BRAKE JOBS! GREAT PRICES!" LOL!
[post=439689]Quoted post[/post]​

no brakes dood just drift around the turns

Back