fountain drink setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
i'm thinking about putting a fountain drink dispenser in my kitchen.
i want one with 4 "heads" on it. does anyone know about these things?? I want to make sure I get all the shit he first time and there are no hidden suprises.

i saw some stuff on ebay, nothing quite like what i had in mind

Your best bet would be to call up your local cola bottleing company...it might cost a pretty penny...but they will get you set up, service it, and deliver what you need. And no screwing up involved.

mad loot man. prob cost you 5k to get it together....

you need all the hardlines, co2 canisters that must be chained up, all the flavors, and so on.

unless you drink 232 gallons of soda a day, i think you're wasting your time.

Wow, what?
My buddy had a 2 head dispenser in his 'gameroom' for $500 (+syrup/co2 etc)
the Co2 and syrup isn't really that much either?
Do iTT :)

ebay has an ass load of them... this one in particular seems to be a good price. http://cgi.ebay.com/PEPSI-COKE-SODA-FOUNTA...1QQcmdZViewItem
ec_12.JPG

it is not the prettiest but it is functional and you could clean it up alittle.
and her is the list of all the other ones... you could get away with it for i would assume 750ish...
http://search.ebay.com/fountain-soda_W0QQc...rchiZQQsaprcloZ

it is expensive but you can find good deals if you just be patient.

When I used to work at KFC a few years ago, one of my co-workers wanted to put one in his garage. well it just so happens that around that time, they were building us a new store that we were all going to start working at that was going to have all new equiptment. So my co-worker asked if he could buy the fountain set-ups along with the co2 tanks and crap.

To make a long story short, they said no and he got one of the demolition guys to sell everything to him, instead of just throwing it out, for $300.

I don't know how much it cost to keep the tanks of co2 full but I know the boxes of syrup are like $65 a piece but i'm sure they last him at least 2-3 months.

You can buy the syrup for about $40 if you go to a whole-sale club like Costco or Sam's Club.

i dunno how much the setup costs but i think the average price for a cup/glass of soda at fast food places runs about 3 to 8 cents, INCLUDING THE CUP AND ICE...

and why not get a bar style one with the hose and the 7 or 8 diffrent buttons...?

i can build you one that uses 2 liter bottles...
it'll look all high tech, lol

yea i was acutally thinking about the "gun" style ones too.
i want it to look nice, not shitty like that one above.
this is a counter top item also. ebay has a few two-dispenser things on there around 100 bucks or so but that is without all the hardware...

Quoted post[/post]]
mad loot man. prob cost you 5k to get it together....

you need all the hardlines, co2 canisters that must be chained up, all the flavors, and so on.

unless you drink 232 gallons of soda a day, i think you're wasting your time.

The Syrup, and co2 is cheap as shit. It costs every fast food restaurant you step into a single 25 cents to create a 20 ounce cup of pop. The real costs come from the paper cups they serve them to you in.

Just know that most places make over a dollar profit from you everytime you get a carbonated beverage.

The Syrup, and co2 is cheap as shit. It costs every fast food restaurant you step into a single 25 cents to create a 20 ounce cup of pop. The real costs come from the paper cups they serve them to you in.

i think thats a rather high estimate

Well, I remember reading the expense reports when I worked for arby's. Total expense for the co2 and syrup broke down to 25 cents per 20 ounce.

Then when you buy the larger sizes, you give them more profit.

On profits: "Today McDonald's sells more Coca-Cola than anyone else in the world. The fast food chains purchase Coca-Cola syrup for about $4.25 a gallon. A medium Coke that sells for $1.29 contains roughly $.09 worth of syrup. Buying a large Coke for $1.49 instead, as the cute girl behind the counter always suggests, will add another 3 cents worth of syrup -- and another 17 cents in pure profit for McDonald's." (pg 54)

dated january 6, 2003
http://cephas.net/blog/2003/01/06/fast_food_nation.html

my mom works for a vending company that has to provide fountain stations to some clients and she said a cup of soda only costed them less than 10 cents...
ooh well

Quoted post[/post]]
my mom works for a vending company that has to provide fountain stations to some clients and she said a cup of soda only costed them less than 10 cents...
ooh well

A "supersized" cup, straw, and lid costs mc d's 3 cents. I looked it up when I worked there.

But that was 10 years ago..

Holy fuck, I'm getting old.. :cry:

gotta love being a guy and wanting these rediculous but cool toys :laugh:

I dated some girl who's dad had the single handle with multiple drinks. It was built into their wetbar. She claimed it only cost him like 2400 and only a few bucks a month because the syrup lasts for atleast 6 months at a time.

Back