Four Wheel Drive Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda Tuning is building an AWD ITR... in their issues... look it up see whats involved, totally not worth it.

When it comes to all this AWD Civic and teg talk, the way i see it is i wil sit back and watch, but really even at best all i could see some one comeing up with that would make it easy for some one to do this stuff would be a half as representation of what you had in your head when building it. The whole car was just never designed to be AWD so what you will end up with is a car that gets the point across
(people want AWD hondas :shrug2:) but wont really perform like you were hoping/expecting /planning for.

ditto, a real AWD civic would be cool, but even the CRV transfer case sucks.

we can specualte all we want, the 4th gen lude should be RWD too, but honda didnt build um that way, they never have. hondas are FF and thats that.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 13 2004, 06:50 PM
you is wrong my friend

s2k and NSX = RWD

Well, no shit. But those Hondas don't apply to most of us because they are way over priced.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@May 11 2004, 02:33 AM
honda makes a AWD civic. its the Civic FERIO.

the Ferio is just what they call 4 doors. ;)

i agree w/ everyone else, AWD civic = alot of work for a little gain.

actually the title of this thread is 'FOUR wheel drive civic', of which of course there already exist- the civic rti, rtx, the integra xsi, xi-4wd, etc etc.

However, if the topic is how to build an AWD civic- not to oversimplify this, but there would be no need to have $XX,000 in custom engineered and fabricated gearsets, helicals, outer cases, etc.
The B-series crv 'transfer' case is not exactly a transfer case per se- there are no internal clutching mechanisms, it's just a 90* drive. The clutching is all done in the 'dual-pump' rear end. On the other hand, the elusive JDM/Euro-spec 4WD civics and integras as well as 4th gen 4wd civic wagons are just the opposite- a conventional 4wd transfer case and rear end. All that would really have to be done is to fit the 4wd civic/teg fuel tank (or custom equivalent) and rear end, axles, etc along with a B-series driveline setup with a crv trans and transfer case. It theoretically could be done with 97% factory Honda parts. The only component that would have to be custom is some sort of viscous clutch would have to be fit somewhere between the transfer case and rear end to allow for differentiation between front and rear.

Anyone?

Back