Fox News Vs Vanity Fair

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i love it when people question politics... :)

$40 million for inauguration? im with her.... thats bullshit.

werd, i thought it was great when she said the f'in troops have to use scrap metal cause their humvees are sitting ducks, but this wack ass neo-con president throws himself a pat on the back party for 40 mil??? fuck off...

and the fox person counters with, well the president has already addressed this and he's CELEBRATING FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY...

FDR was in a war he was FUCKING WINNING, and he only had a small party and they served CHICKEN SALAD

bahahahhahaha

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 28 2005, 11:21 AM
werd, i thought it was great when she said the f'in troops have to use scrap metal cause their humvees are sitting ducks, but this wack ass neo-con president throws himself a pat on the back party for 40 mil??? fuck off...

and the fox person counters with, well the president has already addressed this and he's CELEBRATING FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY...

eisenhower was in a war he was FUCKING WINNING, and he only had a small party and they served CHICKEN SALAD

bahahahhahaha
[post=452547]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually it was FDR

But the looks on that anchor woman's face are totally priceless

so let me get this straight... she's invited on to discuss topic 'a'... we'll never know what topic 'a' was.. Instead she pulls a fast one and uses the opportunity in front of the live camera to bash Bush. And her facts aren't even straight... this $40MM wasn't taxpayer money. How much money has she personally given to the Armed Forces so they don't have to have "flimsy" Humvees? Has this idiot ever seen a Humvee?

Did the Fox anchor get owned? More like sucker punched.. She certainly didn't handle it well, that's for sure.

I don't know why this is so noteworthy... Liberals are always like that when the cameras are turned on. It's why Bill OReilly is still on the air.

He can make them shut up. And he comes across as a bit of a prick. But someone in a high place must understand the conundrum - Or he would be out of a job.

-> Steve

Oh, and as far as "Humm Veees" using scrap metal. Please, Present me with a photo of this.

The Soldiers comments were already decided and admittedly setup to be asked to Rumsfeld. They were a farce.

Originally posted by ahedau@Jan 28 2005, 09:23 PM
so let me get this straight... she's invited on to discuss topic 'a'... we'll never know what topic 'a' was.. Instead she pulls a fast one and uses the opportunity in front of the live camera to bash Bush. And her facts aren't even straight... this $40MM wasn't taxpayer money. How much money has she personally given to the Armed Forces so they don't have to have "flimsy" Humvees? Has this idiot ever seen a Humvee?

Did the Fox anchor get owned? More like sucker punched.. She certainly didn't handle it well, that's for sure.
[post=452914]Quoted post[/post]​

Such is the problem with having a live program. While it may have been underhanded, it is a point of view that needs to be known and that is in all honesty getting little to no play in the major media.
I'm too lazy to go and watch it again, but i dont recall her ever saying that the 40 mil was tax payer money. Regardless of whether the money was private or not, It cannot be argued that the money would have been better spent protecting the lives of American soldiers in Iraq. Bush did not have to accept the money, and honestly i think its pretty incosiderate of him to have this lavish celebration whilst American soldiers suffer through his Iraqi campaign.

I don't know why this is so noteworthy... Liberals are always like that when the cameras are turned on. It's why Bill OReilly is still on the air.

He can make them shut up. And he comes across as a bit of a prick. But someone in a high place must understand the conundrum - Or he would be out of a job.

Eh, youre wrong there. What few "liberals" Bill brings onto his show are nowhere near as combative as he is. His guests are selected for his ability to control them. The one person who actually stood up to him was too much for him (the guy whose father died in twin towers) to handle and he simply took him off the show. The only other strong willed people he will have on the show (in my unpleasant experience) are ones who follow his point of view (for instance on today's show michelle malkin).
The Soldiers comments were already decided and admittedly setup to be asked to Rumsfeld. They were a farce

Does that in any way negate the fact that the situation they face is real? While they encouraged (not forced) to ask that question, it is totally valid.

Originally posted by Guy@Jan 29 2005, 12:48 AM
The Soldiers comments were already decided and admittedly setup to be asked to Rumsfeld. They were a farce

Does that in any way negate the fact that the situation they face is real? While they encouraged (not forced) to ask that question, it is totally valid.
[post=452999]Quoted post[/post]​

No, for the squelching of the idea that troops are strapping garbage cans to their HMVs, I only ask for photographic evidence. All I want is to see a humvee with scrap steel strapped to it.

You want to know the even more UGLY truth ? We are tossing candies out from the back of trucks and humvees to the kids in the streets. The kids run after the trucks. How cute !

The truth is, this has been a defense tactic since WWI. By keeping hoards of children around your equipment, you safeguard it from attack.

So it's time we need to stop accepting the "Truth" in photos, and start questioning the "Truth" that is stated without any photographic evidence at all. What we are doing now is being blinded by the light on some issues, and completely in the dark on the issues that we feel we know so much about.

Stop it.

-> Steve

Back