Frankenstein D16z6 what will work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Biggz

I just bought a 1990 civic four door. I have a core z6 bottem end that i am using, the crank is at the machine shop now. Now I was thinking of using d16a6 pistons and a extra d16y8 head that i have. I am thinking this will give me like a 12:1 compression or somewhere there abouts. Now what should i use for a intake, i wanna try to stay with stock parts, even the intake. Then would i need upgraded injectors for such high compression, what about internals forged or not, i dont plan on boosting but it is gonna be my Daily. Do you think the starter will turn over that high of compression. I know that this combo is maybe good for 120 HP or so, but I wanna build a d-series that competes with a b-series. Thanks ahead of time fellas.

your compression is about right..especially if you use the y8 headgasket.now the starter will turn it over just fine..you will need to run atleast 93 octane all the time..
id suggest getting an aftermarket intake mani..but the y8 will work..you should also upgrade the injectors to maybe 310?? you could get an aem rail and an adjustable fpr..
and you will need to tune

Any thoughts on a cam for this appliaction. I was going to use some heavier valve springs anyway, but if I use say, a, stage 2 cam will I have any valve clearence issues or will a performance cam really do that much with that much compression.

im sure you can use a zex cam..best bet is to get the 59300..id also maybe get some dual valve springs and maybe titanium retainers..if your going all out on the top end i recomennd headwork while the head is off..

Back