Free fight night on Spike TV right now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tito will NOT be lidell. somebody make a poll out of this. betters get 50 rep points or some shit.

I think the Tito/Chuck fight will be one of the best in UFC history. And I think it's anybody's fight.

I think the Tito/Chuck fight will be one of the best in UFC history. And I think it's anybody's fight.

i think it will be the beginning of fixed ufc fights. liddell will lose just so than can have a 3rd fight for ratings. where is don king.

i think it will be the beginning of fixed ufc fights. liddell will lose just so than can have a 3rd fight for ratings. where is don king.
How do you go from saying Chuck will win to it being a fixed fight with Tito winning? Not everything in the world is going to go corrupt. People just love a "behind the scenes" story...

How do you go from saying Chuck will win to it being a fixed fight with Tito winning? Not everything in the world is going to go corrupt. People just love a "behind the scenes" story...
well, all things being equal, i think chuck would win. i want chuck to win. i just really enjoy the way the ufc is and have a feeling it won't last forever. but what can you do? just enjoy it i guess.

chuck is also one of the most overrated fighters.

chuck is also one of the most overrated fighters.

my high school english teacher told me, "an opinion aint worth shit if you don't back it up."

how the fuck is he overrated? his ufc record is 19-3. he has had the belt over two years and has defended it 5 times. he hasn't lost since june of 2003. you are nuts to think he is overrated.

my high school english teacher told me, "an opinion aint worth shit if you don't back it up."

how the fuck is he overrated? his ufc record is 19-3. he has had the belt over two years and has defended it 5 times. he hasn't lost since june of 2003. you are nuts to think he is overrated.
I think he is overrated lol his striking power is top notch, yes, but have you seen half of his knockouts lol they are seriously lucky punches or punches that barely hit (yet he still knocks them out, IDK what the fuck is up with his hands lol) Even Tim Silvia has called him out about it. (If you have the Ultimate Knockouts 3 DVD, then that's where Tim talks about Chuck, it's in the bonus footage) Now i'm not saying the guy isn't skilled, i'm just saying he isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be. What happened the last time one of his fights went to the ground? That's right, his ass got choked out by Jeremy Horn.

These guys are fighters and want to prove how tough they are so Chuck tells each and every one of them to be a man and stand toe to toe with him and they all fall for it, especially Tito. He's dominant at one aspect of the game but this is MMA, I want to see how good his ground game is before I call him a well rounded fighter. But at the same time I do enjoy his knockouts.:)

dude, jeremy horn choked him out 7 years ago. the last time he fought horn he put him out in round 4. so to say that someone got worked 7 years ago is overrated is unfair.

i've got a question for you, who is NOT overrated?

dude, jeremy horn choked him out 7 years ago. the last time he fought horn he put him out in round 4. so to say that someone got worked 7 years ago is overrated is unfair.

i've got a question for you, who is NOT overrated?
no you misunderstood why I brought that up...I was refering to what happened last time one of his fights didn't stay standing up. Hardly any of his fights go to the ground so I can't really use any of his other fights as examples except for that one. Well, his fight with Quiton "Rampage" Jackson went to the ground and Rampage whooped his ass...I don't remember how long ago that was though.

lol it's just a coincidence that we are talking about the 2 people (Chuck and Peyton from the football thread) I think are overrated in their sport lol

Last edited:
if he is good enough to keep off the ground and straight up knock people out, doesn't that make him really really good?

if michael jordan made 15 jump shots a game to average 30 points a game, would he have been overrated. no, because he was a great scorer. is hank aaron overrated because he hit the most homers ever and didn't have 1/2 as many stolen bases as bonds. no, because he was really good at hitting homers. is emmitt smith overrated because he has the all time rushing record and couldn't block for shit in the backfield. not quite.

if someone is so good at something, they are at the top of the division, they can't be overrated. and i don't remember who it was, but if manning is overrated because he hasn't one a championship, shouldn't that make liddell one of the greatest. he has basically one it 5 times. sounds like a hall of famer to me.

Tito deserves to lose if he falls for that. I just think Chuck is forcing him to go toe to toe, something like what Sakuraba did with the Gracies(avoid going to the ground).

if he is good enough to keep off the ground and straight up knock people out, doesn't that make him really really good?

if michael jordan made 15 jump shots a game to average 30 points a game, would he have been overrated. no, because he was a great scorer. is hank aaron overrated because he hit the most homers ever and didn't have 1/2 as many stolen bases as bonds. no, because he was really good at hitting homers. is emmitt smith overrated because he has the all time rushing record and couldn't block for shit in the backfield. not quite.

if someone is so good at something, they are at the top of the division, they can't be overrated. and i don't remember who it was, but if manning is overrated because he hasn't one a championship, shouldn't that make liddell one of the greatest. he has basically one it 5 times. sounds like a hall of famer to me.
No, Michael Jordan was great because he did EVERYTHING, there was nothing that he wasn't good at so using him as an example is just plain retarded.
Using Hank Aaron makes no sense either since you'd have no chance to try and steal a base if you're blasting homers most of the time. Chuck has plenty of chances to take it to the ground but he chooses not to because he knows what his strengths are. I never said Chuck was an idiot.
Emmit Smith, look what he did when his pro-bowl blockers left Dallas, nothing. His position relies on blockers to open a hole for him. Just ask Jamal Lewis lol (being a QB, such as Manning, there is slight room for error and his receivers can help him out. I consider him overrated because he chokes, not because he doesn't have a ring. I said that Big Ben is better than him right now since he does have a ring. Also, i never said Manning sucked, I simply said he isn't as good as people say he is)

I'm saying Chuck is overrated as a overall fighter, not a striker. He is an awesome striker and a great champion...but not having a good ground game doesn't complete him as an MMA fighter. A lot of people say Chuck has a good ground game, I just haven't seen it. If his fight with Tito goes to the ground and he wins the ground battle, I will change my opinion.:)

everyone makes out chuck to be a badass fighter. just because people are stupid and try to stand up with him doesnt make him a good fighter. even on ultimate fighter when he came in to "coach" the guys and was showing them stuff, he was showing them how to throw haymakers..... fucking haymakers.

the dude just throw his hands like crazy and gets some knock outs.

he went to pride and got ass raped by quinton jackson, just like he will by wanderlei silva.

people who arent overated are people who have proven that they can do it all. no matter what the situation they come out on top.
bas rutten - 3 time pancrase champ, pride heavyweight champ, ufc heavyweight champ
fedor emelianenko - undeafeated pride heavyweight, there are NO flaws in his game. knockout power of a heavyweight and hes quick on the ground like a welterweight.
aleksander emelianenko - fedors younger and bigger brother. only 1 loss and that was from mirko cro cop, a definant badass.
kazushi sakuraba - the gracie hunter, has defeated every gracie that has been fighting in the last 5 years. badass wrestler and will stand toe to toe if he feels like it

i could go on and on forever. im not hating on ufc, but seriously there are other organizations out there that are just on a completely higher level. pretty much every ufc title holder would get his ass stomped in japan. id put money on every single fight.

Tito deserves to lose if he falls for that. I just think Chuck is forcing him to go toe to toe, something like what Sakuraba did with the Gracies(avoid going to the ground).

just wondering if you ever saw the sakuraba vs gracie fights lol.
the only he thing he forced was submissions :p

Yes I have, everytime the Gracies tried to take him down, he would avoid it with strikes. He forced them to stand up to him, but took them to the ground(instead of them taking him to the ground).

Last edited:
I'm saying Chuck is overrated as a overall fighter, not a striker. He is an awesome striker and a great champion...but not having a good ground game doesn't complete him as an MMA fighter. A lot of people say Chuck has a good ground game, I just haven't seen it. If his fight with Tito goes to the ground and he wins the ground battle, I will change my opinion.:)

i used mj because he still would have been great if he found a way to score 30 points a game and wouldn't be overrated. aaron only hit homers, and nobody said he was overrated once. and you can't say smith didn't do shit when he left dallas, the man was 50 years old.

your quote above is exactly what i was looking for. i agree that chuch isn't the best ground guy. but if he is good enough to keep it off the ground and make everybody play his game, that makes him a great fighter. as long as he keeps winning, i don't feel he can be overrated.

Back