Free Frankie

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cliff notes,

Kid with a disability who grows up and wants to live on his own and was promised assisted living By State Departmnets but ends up in and out of basically mental health prisons over the next 14 years and gets shafted by a bunch of State Departments and his condition worsens and he gets abused and neglected and they start trying to file criminal charges against him for hitting people and lighting small fires.

thats basically it

I guess you didn't read it. He didn't hit people(ie, DEFEND HIMSELF), or light the small fire if he wasn't locked up. He responded well to calmer environments and treatment....I mean he's scared to go shower because he was getting sexual assaulted. In other words, they're keeping him in a violent and just fubar environment.

It goes something like this: no history of going crazy or doing anything that could be considered crazy.
-Wants to be independent, and gets temp. assisted living.
-Shit happens, they keep him there.
-More shit happens, moved him to a more restrictive facility, they LOCK him there; he can't go home or anything.
-Goes back to the first facility, still can't get out of that system.

This is over like 14 years.

Right now he's sleeping on the couch of the administrative office because he feels calmer there.

Last edited:
It was supposed to be temporary until they could get him into a real home(suppose to be for emergency situations). They ran into budget issues and he just got stuck there. Not even his mother or sister can get him out.

That's the problem. They won't let him out because he has a disability.

They even made him sign a document he couldn't read(although was later rejected by the court) that would've made him stay in jail, allow no visitors, etc..

i read it. thats messed up. now i feel bad. i thought this would be along the lines of freeing someone that doesn't deserve to be locked up. at least frankie knows karate for when anybody tries any funny business.

Back