fresh b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gooose45

hey guys, im a noob to engine building, but i just got my hands on a compl.b16a2 swap w/ 27k on it out of a wreck 2000 si. i want to modify it but keep it reliable(dailydriver) for my 96 ex. i was thinking of the following: skunk 2 IM, tanabe ultra medallion cat and aem v2 intake to start off....does anyone have this setup or similar ? or any suggestions on another reliable setup or comments on the above mods?
thanx p.s i m a noob 2
honda swap 2,
can u tell? disregard poll

I killed your poll for you. :)

The mods you listed will keep you very reliable since you're not going inside the engine. Once you start taking things apart to mod the internals, it's all up to how competent you or your builder is at checking clearances and putting things back together properly.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 27 2004, 11:21 AM
I killed your poll for you. :)

The mods you listed will keep you very reliable since you're not going inside the engine. Once you start taking things apart to mod the internals, it's all up to how competent you or your builder is at checking clearances and putting things back together properly.
[post=408107]Quoted post[/post]​

THANKS FORKILLING MY POLL :)
SO THESE MODS WOULD BE GOING THE SAFE ROUTE. HOW BOUT UPPING THE COMPESS. UP A BIT ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Originally posted by R.E.Developement@Oct 27 2004, 10:17 AM
i think u should do ctr cams srings and tetainers. it will help out alot.
:D
[post=408062]Quoted post[/post]​

INTERESTING, THESE MODS, WOULD I BE SACRIFICING RELIABLITY. I MEAN, IM NOT A STREET RACER BUT LIKE TO HAVE SOME KICK IN MY ENGINE, ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW THAT THE SWAP IS OUT, I WANT TO GET IT SET UP BEFORE IT GOES IN.

Originally posted by gooose45+Oct 30 2004, 03:09 AM-->
R.E.Developement
@Oct 27 2004, 10:17 AM
i think u should do ctr cams srings and tetainers. it will help out alot.
:D
[post=408062]Quoted post[/post]​

INTERESTING, THESE MODS, WOULD I BE SACRIFICING RELIABLITY. I MEAN, IM NOT A STREET RACER BUT LIKE TO HAVE SOME KICK IN MY ENGINE, ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW THAT THE SWAP IS OUT, I WANT TO GET IT SET UP BEFORE IT GOES IN.
[post=409471]Quoted post[/post]​

it wont really be sacrificing reliability. i didnt say just put the cams in because your stock b16 valve train can only handle so much and u will need to raise your revlimiter up to about 8500 - 8700 rpm's thats why i said get the valvesprings and retainers too so ull be safe as long as u know how to put ur timing in place.

Back