Friend needs help!!! with b18c1 in 95 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91jdmteg

My friend has a 95 civic sedan with a 95 B18c1 swap. It has the weird looking intake manifold on it, The one that looks like it's upside down. Anyways on the lower driver side of the intake manifold, There's a assembly that looks like a throttle assembly. It looks like it should have some type of cable going to it. But there's nothing going to it. We were wondering what it is, and what it does???? We've searched all over and cannot find any info on it. So if someone could answer this we'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!! :D

I think thats the "secondaries".. The second set of runners for the IM.. It gives you more power at the top end..

No damned clue how to hook it up though. Never messed with one personally.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 14 2005, 03:12 PM
I think thats the "secondaries"..  The second set of runners for the IM..  It gives you more power at the top end.. 

No damned clue how to hook it up though.  Never messed with one personally.
[post=554485]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats what I was thinking. But didn't know for sure. If anyone has any ideas or diagrams on how to hook this up or if this is the secondaries it'd help greatly. Thanks "phyregod"

it could be the cruise control servo. Pics might help.

I have the same motor in the same car. If the thing that you are talking about is a silverish glod thing that looks like a UFO. That is your vacum diaphram for you secondaries (or buterflies) it is like a second vtec KINDA. Anywau if that is thie thing that you are talking about it is run off of vacum pressure, there is a vacum line that runs to the top part. There sould be a little black cannister under the left side of the intake manifold that has a sensor on it one wire is a ground wire and the other goes into your ECU I will have to find out exactly where but is you do all of that then you will have your secondaries working right. Or you could just buy the skunk2 intake manifold and just get rid of that ugly manifold and have a louder vtec crossover. But if you are going to do this get you ECu chipped to run vtec higher. That is just my $.02

Dude its the secondary butterflies, you can take that whole plate out if you want. I did it to my 97 gsr and it rips hella harder. Especially in a swap you'll probably never get them to work correctly so just take em out. you'll have to go to the hardware store though and get shorter bolts to put you manifold back together. Its hella worth it though. Or you could just by a skunk2. anyways thats it.

ok you are worng.
you can get it to work great in a civic.
we built a 94 4 door civic wit a gsr and what you have to do is wire it to the ecu
if you have the gsr wires on the motor then you will have a plug that plugs in to a cylinder under the intake manny
there 2 wires that come out of the plug a pink one and i cant rember the other color
but any way the pink wire you have to cut the 2 wires outof the harness and run the pink wire to your ecu to the A17 pin
and the other wire you just ground ti out good
and make shure the vacum hose's are still hooked to the cylinder under the intake
one goes to the ufo lookin thihnk and the toher t's off the vacum house that your FPR in on and it willw ork just fine

any other qustion pm me i have make this work milions of time just pmme :D

Back