from block up, b16a or b18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blacksheep115

I am wanting to buy a block from my 98 civic EX... I was wanting to know what the best way to go would be? I have decided between a b18b and a b16a. Just because these are the cheapest and easiest to find blocks. I will be going turbo and possibly NOS(just for looks). I would like to know which block would get me the farthest in the long run. And also, just a side question. how much does it cost to sleave a b16 or b18? Thanks in advance.

Um, NOS, just for looks? What does that mean? It's a performance part, not a decal.

Read the forum and FAQ, you need more than a block to swap into your car. And either of those motors is great for boost.

b18b = more displacement, better torque.

b16a = high end power

it's up to you what you want. I'd personally do an LS/VTEC and then turbo it. Best of both worlds.

Why keep it simple if he is building the block. Daily driver or just a car for messing around on the weekends? LSVTEC turbo would be fast as long as you didnt drive it daily so it would last longer.

Originally posted by lude9593@Apr 17 2005, 03:45 PM
or keep it simpler and go ls turbo.
[post=488037]Quoted post[/post]​

Simple yes, but an LS/VTEC Turbo will put more power down than a simple B18b turbo at the same boost level.

92b16vx... Yes first off i know NOS is not a decal, and i also know i need more than a block to swap it into my car. As i stated i wanted to build the engine from the block up. And it will be dyno'd using NOS and turbo. But the odds of me spraying it, since it will be a street car will, will be slim to none. I want it more for car shows, and to show off. For everyone else, thanks for the opinions and advice. I ordered a b18b block. I will keep everyone updated on what i do if wanted. Will be a while befor the whole engine is built. And no i'm not looking for a simple way out. I want to do the engine right, although i'm not looking to push 30 psi of boost. I want the ability to do so if i wanted. If i'm gonna spend the money to build the engine later on i might turn it into a drag car.

Back