front and rear end conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luda129

hey everybody, i was just wondering. i have an 87 crx, and was wondering if i could swap the front end of an 96 civic onto my crx, and a pair of s2000 taillights in the rear of my crx. can i perform this, or better yet will it work.

do you know of any front end conversion kit from an 96 civic to an crx?

Yes it can be done, go to Hondashowoff.com and look around in the CRX section, there is a red one with a Civic front end. But honestly, why do you want to convert to a Civic front end? Isn't the point of a conversion to add a flair of exotic customising to your car? All you would be doing is taking the front end of one econo car, and sticking it on the front of another older econo car. It seems like you would be doing it just for the sake of having a conversion, doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Also, it will cost you a shitload, might as well just buy yourself a newer civic if that's what you want your car to look like, and then save up to do the tail light conversion on that...

But that's just my two cents, do whatever you want, it's your ride.

The first gen CRX is an awesome ride! If I recall correctly, the 85-87 are considered first gen and they are harder than hell to find any aftermarket styling parts for. There's some great first gen info here Free domain sharing - Site not yet configured I have never done a conversion on my 85 crx, but I have seen them done by others. There was a sweet looking 87 with an acura integra front end at Nopi, but it was the entire front end welded on I believe.

Also, this is true :lol: [/QUOTE]anything is possible if your willing to spend the money for it.
Good luck though and get pics if you decide to go through with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it's an 87. I think a itr or even just a regular integra front end would look badass. Civic front ends on crxes IMO look like ass.I know If you did do it, it isnt because I'd want to do just becasue its a conversion, I'd do it becasue it's gonna be unique and I like the look. But it's not my car so have fun

Originally posted by luda129@Nov 17 2003, 12:23 AM
hey everybody, i was just wondering. i have an 87 crx, and was wondering if i could swap the front end of an 96 civic onto my crx, and a pair of s2000 taillights in the rear of my crx. can i perform this, or better yet will it work.

do you know of any front end conversion kit from an 96 civic to an crx?

He wants to be different to stand out it the crowd! When in doubt it doesnt do anything for the car... :WutEva':

Back