Front End Replacement on 96 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wanderinman

I'll start off with what I'm working with thus far;
front.jpg

I've removed both fenders and everything forward of the radiator support. I hit a concrete base to a light pole and it pretty much pushed everything back. Quick question is;

How do I remove the radiator support? I tried dremmeling the spot welds but that takes forever, maybe just drill them out?

Running question is;
Does anybody near central NC have a front clip I can buy off them?

hey man your doin the exact thing i did when i bought my civic... sears sells a spotweld remover... almost looks like a holesaw... little drill bit w/ about a 1/4 inch radius ring around it... i wish i was home id give you the part number... ooh yea and i used an air chisel on the frame horn welds b/c they were so thick. good luck and please WELD the new core support back on lol so many ppl rivet them

Ok I'll check out sears when I can bum a ride (thats my only car in the picture, lol). Yea, my buddy is a welder so he's handling that part of the reconstruction, I just need to prep it.

its called a spot weld cutting bit and they come in 3 or 4 sizes get the correct size it makes life easy. Also when using only drill the frist layer out not straight through. Plasma works if you have access to one

thats not bad pull it out and weld a brace on the crease and drive happy again. after replacing the rad and other things that need it

Back