Front End Vibrates

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maciekdp

The drivetrain of my 92 accord lx (170k miles) vibrates slightly when cruising at highway speeds, but it gets much much worse when trying to accelerate at these speeds (when the engine is working hard). I've recently put new rotors and new tires on, got the tires balanced again and got 4 wheel alignment done yesterday... Both outer tie rod ends were replaced 2 weeks ago. Both cv joints have been replaced in the last 2 years. What is it? Could one of the cv joints be out of balance?

maybe the roads your on just suck????
youve done all the stuff i can think of

what vibrates? is the sterring wheel vibrating? is the shifter vibrating? is it the entire car? tell us more.

have you replaced your shocks or springs? it the car has 170K miles, the shocks might be worn out. check the rebound on them. i remember when my shocks gave out it was shaking a lot. i changed them as soon as i got home.

Do you have noise in front of car: Could be front wheel bearings

Do you have noise in the rear of car: Could be rear hub assembly

Jack your car up and spin the hub assembly...then you will know.

OR

Could be that your tires have been balanced by a lazy ass uncaring worker!

OR

Could be that your rear trail arm bushing have crumbled

I am sure it could be at least one of these problems...maybe all of them...check it out carefully.

The front end starts shaking as soon as I hit 60mph, and it shakes much more when accelerating. It's the steering wheel that shakes, and it gets worse when the car is in a turn. I can feel the front wheels shaking too. Someone else suggested that it might be the lower engine mount. Is that the one near the firewall? Is it easy to replace?

I bought the Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings for my car...they work great!!!. It was a little tight for my arm down there, but I got it done within an hour. Be sure to tighten up the bolt that goes through the bushings and the bolts that hold down the mount to the frame and to the block. This should work well for you and should get rid of your problem. Also, while you are at it, tighten up the engine mounts on each side of the engine.

:fr:

Maybe the ball joints?
My CRX has the same problem (shaking apon acceleration) And i know for sure at least 1 ball joint is trashed.
I know this because when we put the camber kit on i noticed how bad of shape one of them was in.

If only I had gotten the ball joint style camber kit!

Just an idea on what it might be. I think its probobly that or the engine mounts.

Wouldn't bad balljoint(s) make a lot of noise over bumps at slow speed though? My brother's Golf has a worn out ball joint and it knocks real bad over bumps.

Back