FS: 4040 Brake Proportioning Valve $30 Shipped

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what does this do...just wondering i saw the crx in this issue of Honda tuning had it....

Originally posted by DTEC+Jan 7 2005, 12:40 PM-->
I believe all you need to do is re-drill one or two holes in the black mounting bracket.
[post=442583]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, that's easy.

formby
@Jan 7 2005, 02:20 PM
what does this do...just wondering i saw the crx in this issue of Honda tuning had it....
[post=442621]Quoted post[/post]​

It divides the brake fluid flow up correctly for a Civic or Integra with rear discs. The stock proportioning valve for the rear drum setup sends 30% to the rear- the one for the rear discs sends 40%.

i used the rear and front rotors from my 90 teg and installed them on my 91 crx do i need to change this valve.....i dont mean to post whore but we are talking about the same thing...

You don't HAVE to. I'm still using the stock prop valve on my Civic after converting to discs, and it stopped just fine with the stock rotors at all 4 corners. After upgrading to 11 inchers all around, the rears actually lock up at the same time as the fronts- so I probably won't upgrade. If anything, I'll buy another prop valve just to cut myself up and put it in for a comparison- but it's not absolutely necessary.

what about the brake booster and master cylinder?....should that be changed....the reason i ask is because the wreking yard is going to pick up the shell and i wonder if i should scavenge those parts.....

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Jan 7 2005, 04:53 PM-->
Sorry guys..... But I just bought it. Thanks again bro, I look forward to recieving it.
[post=442700]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

formby
@Jan 7 2005, 05:12 PM
what about the brake booster and master cylinder?....should that be changed....the reason i ask is because the wreking yard is going to pick up the shell and i wonder if i should scavenge those parts.....
[post=442712]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes... it's best to but you still don't have to. Start a thread in the right forum- don't have a discussion here in the classifieds.

Back