FUCKING NAPA!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
so my headlight goes out, which is perfectly reasonable since it lasted a whole six months :dry:

Go to NAPA and they have to overnight the new one (that should have been a sign)

Go to get it the next day and it looks a little, well larger then it should be. "You might wanna bump this part number for me" I say to the clerk who runs it on his computer and says "yup that's it". But I should have went with my gut. It's way to fucking big, it's two prong (mine is a single post). And now they're closed!

Alright I'm done, sound off on the part stores you hate.

Im gonna preface this with the fact that i love oreilly's, but sells a damned axle with a 31mm nut and then doesnt sell the socket...

I just ordered my rear axle from NAPA. It has to be shipped from their boston warehouse because they are out of stock everywhere else in the country and this is the only place that has ONE in stock.

Even the websites that state they have it...backordered in the entire country.

I can not find just the outer joint or I'd rebuild it myself.

The dealer is quoting $477 and they are also out of stock and it would be a decent wait for them to have it shipped from somewhere out of Europe (they say).

I can find used ones but I really don't want a used one, if it comes down to it. I'll have to get one though.

If NAPA gets this for me, I'll actually go there a lot more often for parts. I tried to have it expedited from their Boston warehouse but they said they probably can't do it and it won't be here until Monday.

I have to go out to Sussex county on the 7th, if I don't show up, Hello Keigh Dwyer Corretional Facility...But i'll be there, there are three buses that travel out there.

On the 9th I've been subpeona'ed to appear as a witness in that domestic violence thing I was talking about. I will be fined and the court date moved to a later date if I don't make it.

I have a lot riding on NAPA. Of course I can work around it but I do want my car in a useable state again.

I can't stand all parts stores.. None of them have very many parts for my saab.. I mean com on. GM owns them now.. I should be able to find any part

Axle nuts should be 32mm, shouldn't they??

Anyway, I hate Auto Zone except for their axles. Just about every aftermarket part I've purchased from them has broken or failed. even alot of the rebuilt stuff has taken a shit on me. Their tune-up parts are the shittiest cheapest items anywhere. cap, rotor, wires, pcv valves, etc.. all garbage. And they don't carry NGK.

And at our auto zone, they are very friendly, get the part you need right away, then make you stare at an empty register for (no joke) 15 minutes before someone shows up to sell it to you. Now I use OEM or NGK for all of my tune-up parts. O'reilly's for re-built stuff, and auto zone for axles.

a chick that works at my local auto zone was bragging about her street driven 450 MPH jetta that she had shipped over from germany and had parts from bmw, porsche, subaru, and mercedes under the hood. she also bragged about her reFURNISHED 1901 ltd. that was the last i ever went to that store and will be the last time i ever go there.

looks like bryan will make it to court....guess thats a good thing.

Youd think that the axle nut would be 32 but 32 was too big and 30 too small. couldnt find 1 1/8 to fit the nut. It was brass and we were scared about stripping it. So far it hasnt fallen off, so i guess im good.

Quoted post[/post]]
looks like bryan will make it to court....guess thats a good thing.

Youd think that the axle nut would be 32 but 32 was too big and 30 too small. couldnt find 1 1/8 to fit the nut. It was brass and we were scared about stripping it. So far it hasnt fallen off, so i guess im good.

A brass axle nut? You sure it wasn't zinc coated or soemthing?? Brass is weak shit.

nope...NAPA sucks ass.

Sure they got it overnight...but it was completely different, not even for an Audi/VW. Then they weren't able to source it anywhere else.

I'll agree with on this one, NAPA blows.

Awww shit...guess its either the bus or a bike for you

Oh and im pretty sure it was brass...its the craziest shit ive ever seen...but i needed a car.

I FKN HATE AUTOZONE.

:werd: for O'Reillys

*edit: NAPA didn't have sht for me.

bus it will be to get to Sussex...it's 50 miles away.

Not sure how I'll get to PA, the fucking courthouse is like 90 miles away.

I did find a few places that will sell me a used axle but he won't pull it out of the car...RIGHT NOW and UPS goes there at 4:30 and doesn't come back until Monday.

I figure I can have it overnighted on Monday, finish it on Tuesday and say fuck the alignment until after I go to Sussex on Wednesday because UPS is gonna be slow and not have it hear until 1-2 PM, it'll probably take me a couple hours to put the newer one in.

my town has a pep boys, advanced auto parts, and an autozone.

pep boys doesnt even have the right oil filter for my car and said "this one should work". last time i was in there.

dont go to autozone much so dont have an opinion.

advanced auto parts is the shit. they always have what i need. there is some actual order to the way things are displayed and i know a few people that work there so they always hook me up.

Advanced Auto isn't too bad. But I don't go there much, only when I need something and can't get it ANYWHERE else. It's not that far and usually has what I need, i just don't like driving there cause, Strauss and Pep are closer. I also rarely buy anything from these companies as I can soucre cheaper better parts

Autozone is just a bitch to get too, too much traffic conjestion as is Advanced since they're only a mile or so apart.

i work at advance auto so im biased and am aware of all the shortcuts etc and have a 20% discount

fuck napa theyve screwed me numerous times. i told them to go to hell last time i was there and said if u ever see me in here again it will be to burn down your store. ya, im an ass

Back