Fucking POS salesman/EBAY

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
As many know, I have been in the market for a GC8 Impreza 2.5rs. I see one on ebay for really cheap, so I decide to bid. The thing is in NJ. So I end up winning it. In the discription, he says its flawless, blah blah blah. in the several pictures, It looks real nice.

This weekend, I was orginally going to Wisconsin with a bunch of freinds. However since I won the acution, plans were changed and I was driving to NJ this weekend. So I head out, 20 hours of driving later, me and my dad show up in the Arm pit of america called New Jersey. We show up to the place, and the car has 10-15 decent size dents in it. One place where it was keyed, they put some tape that was close to the color of the car to make it look alright for the pictures. Next test drive time. Go to buckle up, it was missing the thing to latch the belt into. Cruze doesn't work. AC bearly works. 4 holes drilled in the floor for some odd reason (and they were starting to rust in that area). 2 holes in the dash were it looks like they had some POS "racing" gauge. Fog lights don't work. Radio doesn't work. The spare tire was flat. In the ebay add, there was a picture of a tire with tons of tread left. Turns out, that was the only tire with a lot of tread, the rest were almost competely bauld (great for fucking UP driving). Finally we basicly said fuck you and left. So now, this weekend, i have spent 40 hours in a car.

The fucking shady car salesman made me miss out on a shit load of fun in wisconsin with all my freind. Made me miss out on easter shit with my family. POS salesman.

Here is the ebay add

Then when I asked him why the hell he didn't mention all of this shit in the ebay add (which he has good checked off next to everything, including the flat spare tire) he says, well after the acution goes through, we go over these car and look at every nut and bolt. You showed up here so fast, we didn't have time to do that. Alright, then why the fuck did he have check marks next to good all over his checklist. Wouldn't that mean that he would have had to inspect the car before he put the auction up. He says "oh, well i don't were my seatbelt so I didn't notice that." FUCK YOU

On a side note, on my way up to school, I got 37.8 MPG on my del Sol. Maybe the crushed frame rails are more areodynamic.

sounds like fun- and falsa advertisement is a must in nj to sell- car looks good in the pics tho engine could use some cleaning - eghey sucks -

sorry dude, but i would never make a 20 hours drive to buy a car from someone with
Positive Feedback: 92.9%

Yeah that guy was a jerk face. I'd tell him I want partial reimbursement for my gas or he's getting another negative. Anyway, I assume the dents were on the passenger side?? Looks like he took way more pics of the drivers side to maybe throw ya off. Also, you can see a couple of the dents on the passenger side but the color of the car and the lighting make them hard to see. Anyway, sorry for your wasted time and money but at least you went and checked it out. I've bought 3 cars that way but I had em shipped, and once their here you find out your fucked. I had a car show up and when I took the front wheels off there were no rotors there. The calipers were just hanging by the brake lines. :angry:

No I didn't buy it, nor did I put any deposit on it, so the only thing that I wasted was time and some gas money. I hope that guy gets ran over by a dump truck.

The pictures don't look anything like what you described. Where is this hole for a tach, or whatever?

11_4.JPG

You can see the 2 holes right above air vent. Without seeing it in person, from that pic, you wouldn't even notice it. or just think that its dirt or something like that. Really those holes are not that bad compared to the holes in the floor. In the pics, he has the seat basicly all the way back. When I had it in the position that I like, the holes stick out like a sore thumb. He advertised it as having floor mats, but of course we get there and there weren't any.

He called us up on our way home saying sorry and he would call back monday and try and compensate us in some way for our travel expensise. Even still, I am going to leave nagetive feedback.

from what i cantell in the pics, heres what i see wrong with the car:

-on passenger side on the door sill it looks like its bent up
-dent above molding on passenger side
-dent near gas tank door on passenger side
-curb rash on the rims
-holes in dash near defrost vent
-holes in center console on the passenger side
-damage to door panels on the inside

thats all i can see from the pictures but from what it looks like to me (and definately sounds like), the car was abused by its previous owner. if i was the one to have won that auction, i would have done the same thing as you did. sorry to hear you didnt get the car bro.

That sucks man. Where were you planning to go in WI? I was in Atlantic City Sunday night, we should've met up, there was tons of beer and lots of strippers
:D

brkn stereo sys & ant. falling spkers, wndws problems, means in exlnt cond? :(
Buyer dtctet ( 3 ) Jan-16-05 03:02 4512299499
Reply by acleanmachine: IMPOSSIBLE eBayer to deal with.Bid WITHOUT reading auction.LOOK AT PHOTOS!READ! Jan-16-05 09:06
Follow-up by dtctet: got title 36 days later "LIGHT ON as a sml LEAK?" A BIG LIE! I got an EVIDENCE

LEFT MESSAGES..VEHICLE DESCRIPTION DOES NOT MATCH OPTIONS..SLOW TO PROCESS TITLE
Buyer fred5101 ( 18Feedback score is 10 to 49) Jan-13-05 12:11 4511225563
Reply by acleanmachine: WHAT?!Titlerec'd in12 days!U have my cell#! 0 messages! THANKS 4 CALLING ME!???!

Ignored calls/emails to resolve issues on defective items. Broke prom 2 reimb
Buyer 2livehappy ( 48Feedback score is 10 to 49) Dec-22-04 10:12 2493091292
Reply by acleanmachine: Found the 100% DISCLOSED MINOR flaws and wantedme2fix.READTHE AUCTION. ITSNOTNEW Dec-22-04 10:52
Follow-up by 2livehappy: NOT HONEST. Promised Reimbusement at pickup then ignored calls / emails

Problems: false ad, disclosure,returning calls and honersty.My worst experience.
Buyer yehcheng ( 19Feedback score is 10 to 49) Nov-23-04 05:49 2491338373
Reply by acleanmachine: Expected a brand new 100,000mi car.Idelivered8hrs roundtrip2!IMPOSSIBLE2SATISFY! Nov-23-04 14:22

Why again and you buy this car?

The pictures look good at first glance, but if you look for Waldo long enough, you'll find him.

Sorry to hear about your luck.

Back