Fuel Filter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
What fuel filter should I buy for my sol. As of know my car is running a little rich and getting bad MPG. My engine mod list is still very basic. What brand should I get? OEM, .....

go with oem, don't waste your cash on some other so called "high flow" BS from AEM, i dont' give two fucks what someone tells you on this board........high flow doesn't mean shit to me.....

Milan

If a engine is running rich why would you feed it more fuel? :wacko: I'd go for a full tune up using OEM or equivlent parts and check the o2 sensor.

Have you checked your: Plugs, Spark Plugs (Proper gap and burn), Ignition Wires, Cap, Rotor and even tire pressure. These are all regular maint things to check for this rich condition you are having.

:wacko:

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 1 2003, 01:42 PM
O2's burn out frome time to time.

Milan

If they burn out, will it throw a code?

you dont need a high flow fuel filter if you dont have a high flow fuel pump and a engine that doesnt need a high amount of fuel.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@May 31 2003, 08:19 PM
try an AEM fuel filer. theyre supposed to be high-flow.

:doh: didnt see that you were running a lil rich. thought u were just looking for a high performance filter. i know u checked/replaced all your plugs and stuff before in that other thread, so if the new cap and rotor didnt help, i would suggest getting your fuel injectors cleaned at a shop. they jet some cleaner through them. maybe thats what it needs. i know youve already tried using lots of off the shelf f.inj. cleaner, but i think the pressure cleaning that a shop does is more effective.

Back