Fuel filter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nachogj

I have no idea where the fuel filter on my car is. I have a 2001 civic Ex, can someone please tell me where i can find it on my car so i can replace it.
The reason i am replacing it is because when i am going down the street then I come to a full stop the RPM drops way down until it almost stalls on me. The quick solution i thought is to blame the fuel filter. Could this cause such a prob. Thanks.

Nope. Your car does not require a fuel filter change until 75,000 miles. On the other hand, i know this fact applies to a specific honda but it may not be yours. Call the honda dealer, i dont think its the fuel filter. Usually when i get cars in the shop with this problem, either their EGR valve is messed up, purge valve on the charcoal canister is clogged or something else involving the cannister. Call honda, they will help you.

Originally posted by nachogj@Oct 15 2003, 08:46 PM
I have no idea where the fuel filter on my car is. I have a 2001 civic Ex, can someone please tell me where i can find it on my car so i can replace it.
The reason i am replacing it is because when i am going down the street then I come to a full stop the RPM drops way down until it almost stalls on me. The quick solution i thought is to blame the fuel filter. Could this cause such a prob. Thanks.

I have the same exact problem on my civic with 84k miles...guess I should change the filter...it's still running on the factory one :p

the whole exhaust system shakes when the RPMs drop too low and it sounds like ass

Your fuel filter is to the left of your intake manifold attached to the back of your firewall.

Can you dumb it down a little for me. Im not up to date with all of the lingo LOL
firewall??

P.S. Thanks all for the help

firewall - the back area of the engine bay between the cabin and the engine

engine bay - where your engine is
cabin - where you are

If your in a left hand drive country (IE USA) the fuel fiter is in a black little canister on the back firewall on the passenger side.

Another case where if the owner had a service manual, it would have saved him four days of posting here just to find out where the damn fuel filter is...

Back