fuel issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a few weeks ago my DA integra started to lose power and sound different. i checked the plugs and they were lean but when i drove the car all i smelled was gas. Then finally it sputtered out and died. i swapped in a new fuel pump from another DA that was running fine. but the car still wont start. Is it the fuel pump and i just changed it wrong or could it be something else.

Thanks

try the fuel filter...or maybe your injectors arent seated right into the manifold and theyre leaking??

no codes and i have spark. It sputters like it almost wants to turn over but doesnt. Ive checked the plugs since i changed the pump and they have fuel on them.

Could be a fuel pressure regulator.. check the fuel pressure and see if it's within specs.

how do i repreessurize the system. I was under that impression that you just click the key on and off to get the pump running is that right? and how can i check to see if the fuel pressure is right.... just hook up a gauge?

Thanks

The pump will run for 2 seconds after you turn the key on. After that it only runs if you are cranking the engine or the ECU sees a tach signal (or if you keep turning the key off and back on).

To check fuel pressure all you need is a fuel pressure gauge hooked up.

Back