Fuel Pressure On B16a5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uppertorso

I tested my fuel pressure and found 45 psi at idle, and 60 psi at wide open throttle. Now i have done some checking and it seems like this is a little high, i found that it should be 35 psi at idle, and 45 psi on wide open throttle. What do u guys think???

By the way, i put a B16a5 in a 4th gen civic dx. I have used the stock fuel pump, and DX harness for wiring. I cannot think of anything else to add, so if any questions please post. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
:)

a little higher fuel pressure never hurt anyone, id be worried if it was too low. Just think, now you dont need to get an aftermarket pressure reg. :lol:

That's not a b16a5. That's a B16a with a 5 million serial number. That's out of an Integra XSi if memory serves.

The 5 million was the standard 160 HP, OBD0 engine, only it came with the Y-1 tranny, where the Civic and CRX SiR Came with the S-1, J-1 and YS-1 Trannies over the years, and depending on option packages. My engine is from a Civic, I think. It's a 1 million coded OBD0 B16a engine.

Please, anyone, correct me if my memory serves me wrong, I'm a little rusty. Been thinking too much about aftermarket parts to remember all the stock BS about Honda's.

Serial.jpg

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 14 2003, 12:42 AM
That's not a b16a5. That's a B16a with a 5 million serial number. That's out of an Integra XSi if memory serves.

The 5 million was the standard 160 HP, OBD0 engine, only it came with the Y-1 tranny, where the Civic and CRX SiR Came with the S-1, J-1 and YS-1 Trannies over the years, and depending on option packages. My engine is from a Civic, I think. It's a 1 million coded OBD0 B16a engine.

Please, anyone, correct me if my memory serves me wrong, I'm a little rusty. Been thinking too much about aftermarket parts to remember all the stock BS about Honda's.

Serial.jpg

well thats pretty much what i was gonna say.

Back